A unique opportunity to lead an ‘Outstanding’ Nursery School and Teaching School Alliance Ludwick Nursery School and Acorns Teaching School Alliance provides a unique opportunity for an experienced individual to further develop their career and shape the future of this exciting nursery setting and teaching school alliance.
Due to the retirement of our longstanding and inspirational Headteacher we are looking for an inspiring, strategic, outward facing, collaborative and research led individual. This unique opportunity allows the ideal candidate to remain close to and develop their passion for early years’ education whilst providing management and strategic direction of the teaching school alliance.
We are seeking a candidate who is:
- A strategic leader who can articulate a clear vision for our nursery and teaching school
- An individual committed to the support, development and retention of their team
- A people person able to build relationships with the school community, our families and the wider local communities
- Able to celebrate the richness and diversity of all the Early Years settings to support the Teaching School’s communities
- Able to instil confidence in others as one of the leading practitioners in the Early Years field
- Forward thinking and research led, able to adapt to the changing educational landscape
- Financially astute to ensure we remain financially healthy and able to build a sustainable future
- An approachable and fair individual with a good sense of humour
- Ambitious for both Ludwick Nursery School and Acorns Teaching School and its values
What we can offer:
- A reputable Nursery School with Outstanding success (judged as Outstanding, four consecutive Ofsted visits)
- A unique setting and rare opportunity to shape and lead the only Early Years Teaching School in Hertfordshire
- Children who are a delight and encouraged to learn through active play
- Full support for your own Continuing Professional Development
- The opportunity to work with highly committed and trained teaching professionals
- Committed, supportive and active governors who have close links with the school
- A salary package commensurate with your experience
The person specification and job brief can be found within the attached Application Pack. For an informal chat, please contact Caroline Baines, Chair of Governors: firstname.lastname@example.org or Jenny Robinson, Vice Chair of Governors: email@example.com
We very much welcome and encourage you to visit our Nursery School meet our wonderful children and chat with our staff. To arrange a visit please contact Liz Rose, School Business Manager : firstname.lastname@example.org
Important information & Dates
Closing date: 9am Monday 17th September
Shortlisting: Tuesday 18th September
Interview day: Monday 24th September
To apply please download the application form (CVs will not be accepted) and send this to email@example.com The latest version of Adobe Acrobat will be required to download and edit the form. If you experience technical difficulties please telephone 01438 845111 Option 1 then Option 6 for Teach in Herts.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Caroline Baines, Chair of Governors: firstname.lastname@example.org or Jenny Robinson, Vice Chair of Governors: email@example.com) Ludwick Nursery School and Acorns Teaching School Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment.
This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com