Are you ready for your next step in your career? A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an inspiring, resilient, and committed Headteacher to lead Millbrook School on its journey towards outstanding. Millbrook is a state maintained primary school in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire. As a single form entry school, we enjoy a warm, family atmosphere and provide an excellent opportunity for an innovative and forward thinking leader who is ready for the next step in their career and wants to make an impact. Whilst we have many strengths, there are improvements to be made and the Governors are seeking the right person to drive these improvements whilst maintaining our current ethos and vision. You will bring:
- An ability to support, motivate and inspire staff and to communicate a clear vision and direction for the school.
- A commitment to inclusivity and a passion for raising standards.
- A rigorous approach in identifying pupil achievement gaps and an imaginative approach to the instigation of interventions to address these gaps.
- The ability to utilise resources efficiently and effectively in a way that maximises performance and ensures the financial sustainability of the school
- A resilient and clear headed approach which allows for sound and consistent judgment when challenges arise.
- The energy and creativity to drive innovation at the same time as maintaining existing practices that are working effectively.
- A desire to maintain and progressively build upon the schools existing caring and nurturing ethos with the welfare of the children and staff at the heart of everything that we do.
We can offer:
- A welcoming and positive school with children who have lively and enquiring minds.
- A staff team who work together to provide the best education and support for our children.
- A strong leadership team.
- A commitment to your continued professional development.
- A supportive group of governors
- A fantastic opportunity to lead Millbrook on its journey towards outstanding.
We welcome you to come and visit our school on Tuesday 6th November, however we are happy to make alternative arrangements if you can’t make that date. Please make an appointment by contacting the school office on 01992 622975.
Millbrook School is a friendly school set in tree lined grounds. We are a one form entry school with a morning nursery class. We have networked computers and interactive whiteboards in each classroom. The children enjoy coming to school and all the staff are very committed. There is a real team spirit at the school and everyone supports each other. We are committed to raising standards and providing an all round education for all of our children.
If you are downloading the application form please ensure your computer has the latest version of Adobe Acrobat.
Please be advised of the following important dates:
Closing date: Monday, 19th November, 9am
Shortlisting: Wednesday, 21st November
Interview: Tuesday, 4th December 2018
Salary: £52,730 - £60,341
Millbrook School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
For more information and to apply online: www.teachinherts.com/find-a-job/view,headteacher_50296.htm