Markyate Village School and Nursery is looking for an inspirational headteacher to lead its school community from good to outstanding and shape its future ethos and development as a forward thinking village school.
Markyate is easily accessible by road and is perfectly located for job seekers from Herts, Beds, Bucks and North/West London.
Vision for the future
Working closely with all stakeholders staff, children, parents and governors you will develop and be able to articulate a compelling vision for the school that helps it move from Good to Outstanding. You will be able to build successful teams and work collaboratively with others to achieve success. You will have the ability to drive yourself and others. You will be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance. You will actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences. You will demonstrate your wider understanding of primary and nursery education, having tried and tested knowledge to support curriculum development and excellent behaviour management.
Our new Headteacher will be able to:
- Help all stakeholders shape the school’s vision and mission statement for the future
- Be able to clearly articulate that vision and take all stakeholder groups along with them
- Know what a good and an outstanding school looks like and the steps needed to get there
- Value our staff and identify Continuing Professional Development which will help them to grow and flourish
- Be energetic and focused in your leadership of the children
- Bring experience of working in different settings or with external partners to provide an outward looking perspective to the school
- Ensure our children make excellent academic progress in all areas whilst remaining committed to developing the whole child
In return we can offer you:
- Participation in the New Headteacher Induction programme or tailored CPD for an experienced Head
- A salary commensurate with the expanded school
- A commitment to well-being for staff and children
- Lovely children who are curious and eager to learn
- Supportive parents who enjoy participating in the life of the school and fund raising activities
- A well-resourced and spacious setting
- A wonderful village school with good pupil numbers
- External support for school development as required to assist in making good progress in all subjects
If you are interested in leading our school and would like to find out more, we would encourage you to visit our school and speak to Governors, the current Head and talk to the children and answer any questions you may have.
To arrange your visit, please contact Deborah Cobb, School Business Manager on 01582 840537 to book a mutually convenient time.
Closing date: Monday 18th March 2019 at 9am
Shortlisting: Wednesday 20th March 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 27th March 2019
Markyate Village School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, including the barred list, as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2018).