South Hill Primary School is a two-form entry school located within large, beautiful grounds in the heart of Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. We are immensely proud of our school and our achievements especially over the last two years. We were judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in September 2018.
‘Building Character, Learning Together’
We are looking for a creative, resilient and forward-thinking Headteacher to lead our school on a continued path of excellence and grow the culture of ‘The South Hill Way’. Our ideal candidate will consolidate our strengths and focus on our key areas for improvement, taking robust decisions in the best interests of all pupils.
We are looking for someone to lead an enthusiastic and hardworking team; someone who will be proud of their school; someone committed to achieving the full potential of all staff and every child in their care.
The successful candidate will bring:
- A strong track record as a leader across the Primary phase
- An ability to communicate a clear vision and direction for the school and consolidate and build on current successes
- A desire to maintain and progressively build upon the school’s existing ‘creative, safe, and happy’ ethos with the welfare of the children and staff at the heart of everything that we do
- A willingness to be a visible, positive and approachable presence around the school, fostering a collegiate spirit throughout the community
- The energy and creativity to drive innovation at the same time as embedding existing practices that are working effectively to promote further improvement.
- A vibrant, warm and caring community with children who have a zest for learning and love of life and are proud to support ‘The South Hill Way’
- A high quality, skilled and committed staff and senior leadership team
- A strong and supportive Governing Body
- Parents who are actively engaged as partners in their children’s learning and in the life of the school
- A commitment to your continued professional development.
Please view our most recent Ofsted report and come and visit the school. We will be delighted to meet you, to show you around and to answer any questions that you may have. To arrange a visit to the school, please contact Emma Weston on 01442 402127 or email@example.com.
To apply, please send your completed application form (CVs will not be considered) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised of the following important dates:
Start date: April or September 2020
Closing date: Friday 22nd November, 9am
Shortlisting: Tuesday 26th November
Interview: Monday 2nd December, 2019
Please note late applications will not be considered.
To apply, please visit https://www.teachinherts.com/find-a-job/view,headteacher_56670.htm
South Hill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2019).