This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most established state schools in St Albans, Hertfordshire. Verulam School is situated close to the city centre, and offers high-quality education to boys in years 7-11 and to both boys and girls in the Sixth Form. Paul Ramsey, the current Headteacher, is moving on after 12 years leading the School and we now seek to appoint his successor. Verulam is part of the highly successful BeauSandVer post 16 consortium with Sandringham and Beaumont schools, and also the Alban Academies Trust, a cross-phase Multi-Academy Trust in St Albans.
The Governors wish to appoint a creative, ambitious and energetic Head with a deep commitment to developing an outstanding learning environment for all. Our over-arching vision is “Excellence, Character and Respect” with the aim of striving for excellence in all we do.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to lead a successful School with the full support of the Alban Academies Trust.
- Outstanding professional development and future career opportunities.
- A School with a very supportive community.
- Become a key leader within the trust contributing to its growth and success.
- Experience of a collaborative approach to educational delivery with sharing of resources across the trust.
If you are interested in leading our School we would love to hear from you. The application pack can be obtained from www.albanacademiestrust.org.uk, the Verulam website, or direct from Ms Kelly Bonass, PA to Headteacher via firstname.lastname@example.org
Tours of the School: 7th and 14th January 2021 (9.00 – 10.30 a.m.) with Alan Gray, Trust CEO
To arrange a tour please contact:
Ms Kelly Bonass: email@example.com 01727 754102
Closing date: Monday 25th January 2021 (9.00am)
Short-listing: w/c 25th January 2021
Interviews: 9th and 10th February 2021
Applications to be emailed to Ms Kelly Bonass, PA to the Headteacher firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Mr John Acton, Chair of Governors by 9.00am on Monday 25th January 2021.
Please contact Ms Kelly Bonass, PA to Headteacher, by email (above) or telephone on 01727 754102 if you have any questions.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS Check.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years