St. Mark’s Vision Statement:
The community of St. Mark’s believes that every individual is created by God, and is precious to God. Each person is called to serve God and their neighbour and to fulfil their potential.
Due to the retirement, after 17 years, of our current Head, we are looking for an exceptional Headteacher who will lead our school into its next stage of development. St Mark’s Catholic School was graded outstanding in all categories in its last Ofsted inspection. Examination results are outstanding at both GCSE (Progress 8, +0.89) and ‘A’ Level (A*-B grades 75%). The school is heavily oversubscribed and enjoys an excellent reputation. It ranks among the top Comprehensive Schools nationally.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Is a practising Catholic
- Has the leadership skills and intellectual capability to develop the school strategically to deliver outstanding education to our diverse and talented community
- Has high expectations, drive, creativity and resilience
- Is empowering to our exceptional staff
- Demonstrates expertise in teaching and curriculum development
- Is an excellent communicator with a demonstrable commitment to working effectively with students, staff, parents, carers, governors, the local community and the Diocese.
- Has a proven track record of implementing change successfully and raising standards in teaching and learning
We can offer you:
- An inspirational cohort of students who live out the vision statement and Catholic values of the school
- High quality and committed staff who strive to deliver success for all the pupils
- A school with a strong Catholic identity which is a member of the Diocese of Westminster Academy Trust
- Experience within a very diverse, vibrant and supportive community
- An inclusive environment
- A commitment to support your CPD and career development
- Outstanding facilities to support teaching, learning and wellbeing
- A supportive governing body and senior management team
To arrange a visit or request an application pack contact Maureen Howard, Clerk to the Governing Body: email@example.com or Tel: 020 8814 7339.
Closing date for Applications: Tuesday 27th February at 5.00 pm.
Interview dates: 12th/ 13th March 2018
The Post is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check
St. Mark’s Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people