St. Aloysius’ College is a successful 11-19 Catholic Comprehensive boys school based in Highgate. The school takes pride in the friendly and inclusive school community with its commitment to supporting pupils and staff in achieving their full potential. The school has been led by an interim executive headteacher since Easter 2018, who has undertaken a program of rapid whole school improvement including a highly successful staff recruitment drive. Following disappointing results in 2017 the school is now at an exciting stage of development following improvements in outcomes in 2018 and outstanding improvements in 2019 GCSE:
- Provisional p8 of 0.30
- 70% of the cohort achieving 4+ in both English and Mathematics and 46% of Cohort secured 5+
- More able students, a priority area for the school, made strong progress with a provisional P8 of 0.5
In the Sixth Form improvements were also seen:
- Positive progress measures post 16
- 29% of grades were A*-B
- 63% of grades were A*-C
- 100% A*-E grades
- 17% of our students have accepted offers from Russell group universities
The school is a friendly and vibrant school with strong foundations of discipline and moral purpose founded from their Catholic principles; good behaviour is a real strength throughout the school.
Experienced and supportive Governors recognise that there continue to be challenges ahead but also that there is an unmistakable momentum to be harnessed by a strong, inspirational leader. A visionary leader with clear direction, you will help the school flourish, sharing best practice and building on their strengths to lead the school on their journey forward.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a substantive Headteacher who:
- Is a practising Catholic
- Is an inspirational leader with a clear vision for the future of the school, building on current capacity
- Will lead by example, with a ‘can-do’ attitude that can inspire commitment from students, staff and the local community
- Has a proven track record of raising standards in teaching and learning
How to apply
For a confidential conversation about the role please call Dion Mills on 07899 063321 or email email@example.com.
For an application pack or to book a school tour, contact Emma Fletcher on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 721579.
School Tours: A tour of the school is available at 1.30pm, Thursday, 13th February.
Closing date: Deadline for submission of application is 9am on Monday 24th February 2020.
Interview: Interviews are scheduled for 10th /11th March 2020.
Do not use the blue apply button below, instead all applications (and requests for the information pack) should be emailed to email@example.com
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure check will be undertaken.