L15-L21 (£63,041-£71,865). Governors would consider paying more to recruit and retain an exceptional candidate
St Clement and St James is a thriving and friendly school community. We are both deeply rooted in our Christian ethos, and inclusive and diverse. Our values are friendship, excellence, thankfulness, creativity, compassion and forgiveness, and the Governors are seeking a creative, strategic leader who will epitomise these values and lead the school in its next stages of development.
The school is less than half a mile from Grenfell Tower and has shown huge resilience and compassion in responding to the recent disaster. Nevertheless, the intake of the school typifies the disadvantage in our community, and we need a school leader who will bring unswerving commitment to enabling our learners to fulfil their potential. We have a dedicated and caring team of teachers and support staff, so behaviour is very good, and children enjoy learning. They make good progress and OFSTED judge us to be a Good school.
Our new Head Teacher will be:
- An inspirational teacher and leader;
- Deeply committed to the Christian ethos of the school and the holistic development of all learners;
- A team player and team leader, drawing out the best in staff and learners and building on the strengths of the school and its staff;
- Able to initiate and manage change to drive continual school improvement;
- Community-minded, working in partnership with parents, staff, governors and other partners in the local community such as the Church of England parishes the school serves.
- Committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare.
In return, the role offers:
- The chance to be part of a very special community and work with some wonderful children and staff;
- Support and collaboration from your Leadership Team and highly committed Governors;
- An opportunity to work in a fascinating and diverse part of London with a huge range of cultural and other amenities nearby;
- Opportunities for personal growth and professional development;
- Proactive support from the Diocese and Local Authority;
- Pay at a level which recognises the demands of the role and the cost of London living.
Closing date for applications: midday, Monday 22nd January Interviews will take place on 29th January
Applications should be sent electronically to Sandra Duggan, Finance and Administration Manager at Sandra.Duggan@scsj.rbkc.sch.uk.
A visit would be highly desirable. To arrange this please contact the school office on 020 7603 9225.
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Revd Dr Sean Doherty, the Chair of Governors, using the contact details provided in the Recruitment Pack.
St Clement and St James is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils. We will take up references for shortlisted candidates and the successful applicant will be asked for photo identification and confirmation of their qualifications, and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please do not use the apply button below but apply using the Application Form available for download below.
St Clement and St James CE Primary School
Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea