South Crosland C.E. Junior School is a popular, successful school that encourages and promotes a sense of belonging and responsibility for the families in the village of Netherton and surrounding areas.
Due to the retirement of the current Headteacher, governors are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and visionary leader to build on the strengths of the school and lead us into an exciting future. This is a tremendous opportunity for an inspiring and dynamic practitioner, with an excellent past record, who is ready to embrace change and show commitment to upholding the Christian ethos of our school.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a strong, decisive leader possessing the ability to motivate, provide challenge and demonstrate resilience
- Maintain and drive forward high academic achievement and excellent standards of behaviour
- Be a highly effective and approachable communicator when engaging with staff, parents and the wider community
- Promote and further strengthen existing partnerships with both the church and the wider school community
- Demonstrate a commitment to the model of distributed leadership to empower and develop the staff team
- Be committed to the leadership and delivery of an inclusive, dynamic and holistic curriculum
- Embrace the challenges in leading the school forward on its journey to academisation
In return we are proud to offer you:
- A school, much valued in the community, centred around core Christian values
- A welcoming school family with a loyal, dedicated staff team committed to team work and excellence
- Enthusiastic, hard-working and caring children who enjoy coming to school
- A safe, secure and vibrant working environment promoting a positive climate for learning
- Engaged and supportive parents and carers
- A strategic, well informed Governing Body who will support your growth in the role
At South Crosland C.E. Junior School we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
How to apply: Please visit https://jobs.kirklees.gov.uk/ where you will find more details and the application form.
Completed applications can be submitted via email to Headteacher.firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Elizabeth Rowlands, Floor 1, Kirkgate Buildings, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 1BY
Closing date will be at noon on Friday 23rd February 2018
Please ensure that your personal statement evidences how you meet the personal specification for the post in no more than 3000 words, using Arial font size 12. CVs are not required.
Assessment/interviews will be held on 20th March and 21st March 2018
Further information can be found on our school website www.southcrosland.org.uk however, a visit to the school, prior to applying, is encouraged and we warmly invite you to make arrangements to attend on Tuesday 13th February at 1:15pm or Wednesday 14th February at 9:15am. Please contact the school office on 01484 667075 to confirm attendance.