Linthwaite Ardron C of E VA Junior and Infant School is a popular, successful church school which enjoys a mutually supportive relationship with Christ Church Linthwaite, situated in the beautiful Colne Valley, nestling on the edge of the Pennines and proud to be part of the historic district of Huddersfield.
The Governing Body, staff and children are seeking to appoint a Headteacher who is committed to achieving excellent outcomes for all of our learners, while maintaining and enhancing our distinctive character as a Church of England school.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Can articulate explicit Christian values and moral purpose for the leadership of our Church of England school, focused on providing a distinctive first class education for our children.
- Will stimulate quality teaching and learning in a safe and nurturing environment underpinned by Christian values.
- Will lead, develop and empower the whole staff team as an inspirational leader.
- Will share our passion for and strengthen our rich, deep and extended curriculum.
- Will enthuse, inspire and support the team so that every child in school achieves their potential.
- Will develop the whole child, socially, academically, creatively and spiritually.
- Is able to demonstrate an understanding of current research and developments into effective teaching and learning, and how it could support our children and staff in their learning journey.
- Is reflective, with good communication and listening skills and able to recognise current strengths and manage change.
- Will develop effective relationships with other services and organisations to improve academic, spiritual, cultural and social outcomes for all children.
- Has the ability to sustain and enhance our strong relationships with parents, staff, governors, the community, the diocese and Christ Church Linthwaite.
- Can exercise strategic, curriculum-led financial planning to ensure that budgets and resources are utilised, in the best interests of achievement and the school’s sustainability.
- Will continue to provide a safe, calm and well-ordered environment for all children and staff, with a strong focus on safeguarding and the development of exemplary behaviour in school and in the wider community.
In return we are proud to offer you:
- Happy, enthusiastic and caring children who are hardworking and keen to learn.
- A dedicated team of caring and committed staff
- Parents who are keen to engage with their children’s learning including an energetic and proactive ‘Friends of Ardron PTA’.
- Supportive, well-informed and challenging Governing Body with high aspirations for the school, who are dedicated to a Christian vision of educational excellence, with a commitment to continuing professional development for all.
- A collaborative relationship with the local parish and diocese
If you believe that you have the skills, expertise and faith commitment to fulfill this exciting and challenging role we would be pleased to hear from you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please visit www.jobs.kirklees.gov.uk where you will find further details and the application form.
Completed applications can be submitted via email to:
email@example.com or by post to Elizabeth Rowlands, Floor 1, Kirkgate Buildings, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 1BY.
Application will close on: Friday 23rd February 2018 at midday.
Shortlisting will take place on: Wednesday 28th February 2018
Interviews will be held on Thursday 8th March / Friday 9th March 2018
Please ensure that your personal statement evidences how you meet the person specification for the post in no more than 3000 words, using Arial font and size12. Please do not send CV’s.
Our website http://www.linthwaite-ardron.org.uk/
gives a good introduction to our school. Visits to the school are warmly encouraged. If you require further information about the role or to arrange a visit, please contact the school office on: 01484 845544 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Guided tours of the school will be available with a member of the governing body and a member of staff, on the following dates:-
• 6 February 9.30 to 11.30 and 1.30 to 3.30
• 8 February 9.30 to 11.30 and 1.30 to 3.30
• 9 February 9.30 to 11.30
• 12 February 9.30 to 11.30 and 1.30 to 3.30
• 13 February 9.30 to 11.30 and 1.30 to 3.30
• 14 February 9.30 to 11.30 and 1.30 to 3.30