All Hallows’ C of E is a popular successful village school that is currently expanding into a through Primary school.
Due to the retirement of our current headteacher, the Governing Body, staff and children are seeking to appoint a Headteacher who is committed to achieving excellent outcomes for all of our learners, while maintaining and enhancing our distinctive character as a Church of England school.
Our school can offer you:
- A dedicated and talented staff team who are hardworking and committed
- Happy, enthusiastic and caring children who are keen to learn
- A supportive partnership with parents, the community, the local church and the Diocese of Leeds
- Christian ethos which is loving, caring and supportive to all our children and families
- Wonderful grounds and an edible garden to help promote a healthy lifestyle
- Supportive, well-informed and effective Governing Body with high aspirations for the school, who are dedicated to a Christian vision of educational excellence, with a commitment to continuing professional development for all.
We are looking for a Headteacher:
- To fulfil every child’s potential whether it be academic, sporting, musical or artistic
- Who has a clear vision for the future and can lead the team to excellence
- Who can communicate effectively, has presence and drives a strategic vision for the school
- Who is friendly and caring to our children
- Who can articulate explicit Christian values and a moral purpose for the leadership of our school
- Who will lead quality teaching and learning in a safe and nurturing environment
- Is reflective, with good communication skills and be able to recognise the school’s current strengths and to manage change effectively and with sensitivity
- Will develop effective relationships with other services and organisations to improve academic, spiritual, cultural and social outcomes for all children
- Will continue to provide a safe, calm and well-ordered environment for all children and staff, with a strong focus on safeguarding and the development of exemplary behaviour in school and in the wider community
- Is able to demonstrate an understanding of the current political climate and be astute in accessing appropriate funding, support and development.
- Can exercise strategic, curriculum-led financial planning to ensure that budgets and resources are used, in the best interests of achievement and the school’s sustainability.
If you believe that you have the skills, expertise and faith commitment to fulfill this exciting and challenging role we would be pleased to hear from you.
We would encourage interested applicants to contact school for a visit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
If you require further information about the role or to arrange a visit, please contact the school on telephone: 01484 431700 or you can visit the school website at www.allhallowsschool.org.uk/
To apply for this job, please download and complete the application form attached.
Please ensure that your personal statement evidences how you meet the person specification, and include relevant examples. Complete the letter of application in no more than 2500 words, using Tahoma font in size12 with double spacing. Please do not send CV’s.
Application forms should be returned to the Elizabeth Rowlands either by e-mail to email@example.com or by post to the address at the top of the page, by Friday 16th March 2018.
Shortlisting will take place on: Monday 26 March 2018