Are you ready for the next stage in your career? Do you want an exciting opportunity to lead a large primary school and make a real difference?
You inherit a lot from your predecessor, an expected way of enacting the role, but you don’t just inherit. Every new head worth their salt also strives to ‘inhabit’ the role and make it their own: developing, refining, building on our successes and addressing those areas that could be better.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional to lead this two-form entry primary school. Whitkirk Primary School is a popular and caring school where children are the heart of everything we do. The school is situated in the east of Leeds, close to all motorway links, Leeds, York and overlooks Temple Newsam house and parkland.
We value the relationship we have with our parents, carers and local community.
Red Kite Learning Trust, (RKLT) was founded to provide a supportive structure for schools working in partnership to help ensure all young people can achieve success. Red Kite Teaching School Alliance also works to provide all our staff and partner schools with outstanding professional learning. The needs of the local community and each school’s individual setting are important to RKLT. At Whitkirk we also have a Resourced Provision on site which is in partnership with John Jamieson East SILC and caters for a number of children who have complex needs.
The RKLT Trustees and Governors of Whitkirk Primary School are looking to appoint a committed, highly motivated energetic leader who is passionate about achieving the best possible outcomes for all our children.
We are looking to appoint a Headteacher for January 2019 who will succeed our current Headteacher who is leaving at December 2018.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has a proven track record of being actively involved in developing relationships with parents, carers, children staff, governors and the wider community
- Is an excellent communicator
- Has a proven track record of improving results and creating strategies to achieve this
- Will develop his/her vision for the future progress of the school and communicate it effectively to pupils, staff, parents, governors and the wider community
- Has proven strategic leadership and management skills that will ensure the continued development of our school
- Will be innovative and creative with the curriculum to bring out the best in every child, is inclusive and has a depth of understanding of how children learn
- Has a warm and friendly approach to children, staff and parents which will contribute to the atmosphere of the school
- Has a commitment to collaborative working
We can offer you:
- Happy motivated children who are keen to learn
- Supportive staff team
- Supportive and proactive governing body and parents
- A fully inclusive school where caring and respectful relationships are valued
- An excellent learning environment, in a well-resourced school.
- Active support for your induction and continuing professional development within RKLT
We strongly encourage you to come and meet us: the school and its pupils and staff, Chair of Local Governing Body, Ashley Wyatt, RKLT CEO, Richard Sheriff, our HR Lead, Diane Potter. You will have an opportunity to chat to our current Headteacher, Joe Mitchell and Senior Leaders who will also show you around the school.
To discuss the role in more detail, arrange a visit to the school, or chat with a member of leadership please call Diane Potter, HR Lead on 07923133610, email@example.com For further information and details on how to apply for this post, please click on the following link: http://www.rklt.co.uk/vacancies/
Closing date: Wednesday 19 September 2018 at 12:00 noon Interviews: Thursday 27 and Friday 28 September 2018.
Whitkirk Primary School, as part of the Red Kite Learning Trust, is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.