A larger than average junior school located within the vibrant multi-cultural city of Leicester, Catherine Junior School is currently judged by Ofsted as ‘Requires Improvement’. Governors are seeking an ambitious candidate with strong leadership skills and the vision to drive forward rapid improvements in attainment and progress to lead the school towards becoming outstanding, whilst providing a solid foundation for children’s learning and confidence through a broad and balanced curriculum.
We are looking to appoint a Headteacher who will:
- Demonstrate positive, strong, committed leadership with the ability to motivate, inspire and develop leaders at all levels and confidence in all staff
- Provide clear strategic direction and develop a brighter vision for the future of our school
- Relish the challenge of raising standards for all children
- Be passionate about developing children’s learning and identifying creative and innovative teaching methods in a diverse multi-cultural environment
- Enhance and improve collaboration between staff, parents and the school governing body
In return we can offer:
- The opportunity to bring about system change work in a school
- A school of happy, enthusiastic and respectful children
- The opportunity to work in collaboration with other local Headteachers and a supportive Local Authority
- A strong, supportive and active governing body
- A commitment to your continuing professional development
Visits to our school are welcomed and we would invite you to contact Amy Kitson on 0116 262 5896 to arrange a visit. Please also visit our website for further details of the school:
Catherine Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake pre-employment checks which will include an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, are a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations (2009) and other necessary checks. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Any advice and information on the application forms can be obtained from the Human Resources Team at Leicester City Council by email: email@example.com or telephone 0116 454 4388.
Closing Date: 6.00pm 10th November 2017
Interview Dates: 5th & 6th December 2017