The governing body seeks to recruit an aspirational leader who will build on the existing strengths and success of the school.
We are looking for a dynamic and inspirational Head teacher who will embrace the challenge of working in a culturally diverse community in an area of high mobility and social deprivation. Our strong Christian values create an environment to nurture and develop the potential of every child academically and spiritually.
The governing body will appoint someone who:
- Is an excellent leader with high expectations of achievement and behaviour, and will seek to create an environment in which children flourish emotionally, socially and academically
- Will use their innovative and enthusiastic leadership qualities to support the strong teamwork at the school and ensure our committed staff continue to grow and develop
- Will support and embrace the Christian ethos of the school
- Has proven experience of successful leadership and knows what success looks like
- Has vision, energy, honesty and loyalty and can inspire and motivate staff and children
- Has excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships across the school
- Has the ability to build upon existing strengths and ambition to continue to raise standards, enabling every child to reach their full potential
- Is excited by the opportunities that Lincoln Bishop King CE Primary School offers
We can offer you:
- An outstanding church school (SIAMS June 2016) with a truly inclusive ethos
- The opportunity to lead a Good school (Ofsted 2016) with a great team of dedicated colleagues
- Exceptionally well behaved, polite and enthusiastic children
- A creative environment that supports and enhances our vision of Dream Big. Love God. Live Well.
- An attractive expanding and well-resourced school in the centre of Lincoln City
- A firm commitment to your professional development and wellbeing
- A welcoming, dedicated, supportive and hardworking staff team and governing body
Prospective candidates are warmly encouraged to visit the school on our open mornings/afternoon or by arranged visits.
To apply please visit www.bishopking.org.uk for an application pack. To register your attendance at one of our open mornings/afternoon, or to arrange a more convenient time, please contact the school on 01522 880094.
- Open morning: Friday 9th December 2016 9am – 12 and Friday 6th January 2017 9am – 12
- Open afternoon: Monday 12th December 2016 1pm – 3.30pm
Closing date: Friday 13th January 12 noon
Shortlisting: Monday 16th January 2017
Interviews: Friday 3rd February 2017
Applications should be completed in line with the personal specification and forwarded to: Samantha Smith, Chair of Governors, Bishop King Church of England Primary School, Kingsway, Lincoln, LN5 8EU
Lincoln Bishop King CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.