A wonderful opportunity for a caring and enthusiastic professional seeking their first or second Headteacher post to join our stable, high-achieving, family-orientated small village school. Due to the retirement of our long-standing Headteacher, the Governors of Barkston & Syston CE Primary School are seeking to appoint a talented, inspirational and passionate leader for our church school.
These are exciting times for our school; we have recently been voted the 7th best primary school in Lincolnshire by the Real School Guide and in February 2018 we retained our Good Ofsted rating. We are looking for a new leader with the drive and ambition to build on our success and help us continue to improve.
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic, kind and well-behaved children who are committed to learning and supporting one another
- Dedicated, experienced and talented teaching and support staff
- A diverse and forward-thinking governing body
- Very supportive parents and an active and enthusiastic PTA (Friends of Barkston School)
- A positive and active learning environment
- A vibrant church school at the heart of the local community
You will need to have:
- The highest expectations for children’s attainment, personal development and behaviour
- A clear vision of excellence in primary education, with an ability to think strategically and lead the school through the next phase of its development
- The ability to develop enquiring minds and foster an enjoyment of learning
- An understanding of effective leadership and an ability to empower and motivate a dedicated team of staff
- A desire to develop and nurture positive relationships with the whole school family
- A will to promote a Christian ethos and inclusive values
If you are energetic, with the focus and drive to develop us academically and pastorally, we would love to hear from you.
Visits to the school for potential applicants: Tuesday 12th February (am) & Thursday 14th February (pm).
Closing date for applications: 12.00 Monday 25th February 2019.
Anticipated selection date: Tuesday 12th March 2019.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process or this vacancy, or would like to visit the school, please contact the school office on (01400) 250553 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Barkston & Syston CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check with barred list check.