The Governors wish to appoint an outstanding educationalist to lead this highly successful, friendly school, building upon the significant achievements of the Headteacher, Angela Francis, who is retiring after 22 years’ distinguished service. The Headship of Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar, Alford presents an excellent opportunity for a strategic, empathetic and dynamic leader to work with a thoroughly committed and talented staff to continually develop a vision for a highly relevant, vibrant and engaging education for future generations of students.
Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar, Alford is a popular co-educational selective academy with 573 on roll including 137 in the sixth form. The school was judged “Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2007. Examination results at GCSE consistently place the academy amongst the best in the county.
The Governors are seeking a Headteacher who:
• Is inspirational and dynamic and will empower students and staff to excel
• Is thoroughly committed to promoting exceptional progress for every student whatever their individual starting points or background
• Is resilient and confident
• Is committed to the core values of Achievement, Integrity, Mutual Respect and Self-discipline
• Values knowledge and a love of learning
• Values a broad curriculum and appreciates the positive impact of a wealth of extra-curricular opportunities for students
• Has a passion for developing outstanding teaching and learning
• Has excellent leadership skills demonstrating the ability to develop, articulate and deliver an inspiring vision for Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar, Alford
• Has exceptional interpersonal skills with the capacity to develop highly effective relationships with all aspects of the academy community and with our educational partners
• Has proven capacity for strategic leadership, demonstrating financial acumen and the ca-pacity to maximise opportunities for the academy
In return, we can offer:
• A successful academy with a strong academic performance and the capacity to improve still further
• A dedicated, talented, enthusiastic staff who value the ethos of the academy and share a common vision
• An experienced, highly dedicated, leadership team
• Students who are self-disciplined, highly motivated to learn and who participate fully in the life of the academy
• An ambitious, dynamic and committed Governing Body who will provide support, strategic guidance and, where necessary, constructive challenge
• Highly supportive parents
• A countryside lifestyle on the edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
The closing date for applications is noon 24th April 2019. Details of the application process are included in the Headteacher’s Pack which is available either online, from the academy website or from Mrs A C Duff, Clerk to Governors: email@example.com