Headteacher, St Peter and St Paul Catholic Voluntary Academy, Lincoln
(part of the St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust)
The Directors of the St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust are seeking to
appoint an inspirational, experienced and highly effective Catholic Headteacher to lead St Peter and St Paul Catholic Voluntary Academy in Lincoln.
As part of the St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust, you’ll join an ambitious organisation, made up of sixteen schools (two secondary and fourteen primary), that serves some 4,200 pupils across Lincolnshire and Rutland.
Our mission statement ‘A communion of high achieving schools where every person meets Jesus and grows uniquely in God’s love’, affirms our ambition as a family of Catholic schools to ensure all children, irrespective of background and prior attainment, fulfil their God-given potential through the provision of a high quality, inclusive and authentically Catholic education.
The Headship of St Peter and St Paul Catholic Voluntary Academy offers a career defining opportunity for a visionary school leader, who has a proven record of securing rapid, sustained and demonstrable school improvement, to galvanise and unlock the potential of our talented staff and students. In partnership with the St Therese of Lisieux Catholic Multi Academy Trust, the academy has already embarked upon a period of growth and positive change, but we are not complacent, and know there is still more to do.
If you have the vision, resilience and a clear capacity for hard work, then we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church and fully committed to the principles of Catholic education
- a clear vision and understanding of the distinctive nature of Catholic education
- outstanding leadership capacity and the ability to motivate and inspire others to be the best they can be in service of children and young people
- high expectations of self and others
- credible school leadership experience that has resulted in strong, sustained and demonstrable improvement in outcomes for students
- the aptitude to be innovative, creative and solution focused
- a positive attitude, resilience and excellent communication skills
- a firm commitment to further enhancing links with our parish, parents, the CMAT family of academies and the wider community
In return we offer:
- an exciting opportunity for school leadership
- future career development opportunities from being part of a large CMAT;
- membership of the Teachers Pensions Scheme;
- an opportunity to work in rural Lincolnshire.
Visits to the school are subject to CV-19 control measures.
For an informal and confidential conversation about the post please contact Sue Whitham by telephone on 07736 501086.
No agencies or CV’s.
The St Thérèse of Lisieux Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check, prior to employment.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the successful candidate to be a practising
If you are interested in applying for the post, please email the HR department at email@example.com for an application form and details of how to apply.
Closing date: Please return your completed application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Wednesday 27th January 2021.
St Peter and St Paul Catholic Voluntary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
St Peter and St Paul Catholic Voluntary Academy is a mainstream, co-educational secondary school situated in Lincoln, for pupils aged 11-16. It has 550 children on its roll.
Founded in 1953, the school was the vision of Monsignor Atkinson, who ...