The Governing Body is seeking to appoint an outstanding Headteacher to take up the challenge of leading and developing Broadgreen International School and making a strong contribution to the growing community that it serves.
The school hosts three Resourced Provisions on behalf of the Local Authority. The Haven for pupils with ASC, the ARC (Access Resource Centre) for pupils with a physical disability and the Deaf Resource Centre.
The school offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and Career Programme and Level 3 vocational qualifications.
The school is an 11-19 Foundation School with 1,209 students on roll (including 226 in the sixth form).
We are looking for someone who will:
· continue to create a positive cultural ethos in the school
· develop the commitment to distributed leadership
· continue to raise standards with a commitment to lifelong learning for all
· demonstrate a range of competencies in terms of vision, belief, resilience, communication and emotional intelligence
· understand the challenges of managing change and can do it with sensitivity and flair
· continue and accelerate the rate of improvement in attainment and achievement and the remarkable International Baccalaureate results.
We will provide:
· an inclusive ethos which encourages students of all abilities to enjoy and achieve and be safe
· a highly committed, able and positive staff body
· very supportive governors who work in a strong partnership ethos
This post is classified as having substantial access to children, and appointment is subject to an enhanced police check of previous criminal convictions (DBS). Applicants are required, before appointment, to disclose any conviction, caution or binding over including ‘spent convictions’ under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exemptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar individuals from employment – this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred.
All staff aged between 16 and 75 will be enrolled into the Teacher Pension Scheme and contributions of salary are deducted from monthly salary payments at the current rate of deductions. Once enrolled, if you do not wish to be in this scheme you will need to complete the necessary "opt out" forms.
Broadgreen International School is a Foundation School with Trust status.