At St Mary’s, we find out who we are. We discover our talents and we learn and succeed. We have courage: we are brave. Together we are a family. Could you be our next Headteacher?
St Mary’s CE Primary School, London, N8 seeks an exceptional Headteacher to lead this financially robust, culturally vibrant and warm welcoming school. We are a 3 form voluntary aided Church of England primary school in the parish of Hornsey.
We are spread across two geographically close but very different sites which have recently benefited from a £4million modernisation, refurbishment and extension programme. At the first, we host a thriving Nursery taking children from 2 years old as well as Reception and Y1 – and a close-knit village vibe. Our second (and larger) site (a former secondary school) hosts our Y2-6 children, with spacious modern classrooms and beautiful views up to Alexandra Palace. What’s more, we benefit from being in a strong financial position, in part due to significant additional support from The Greig Trust.
The vision of the Governing Body is for St Mary’s to continue to be at the heart of the local community, providing a first-class education with a high standard of teaching that is founded on Christian values while embracing all cultures, religions, nationalities and beliefs. We want our children to learn in a nurturing and inclusive environment and we pride ourselves on the rich diversity of our school community.
That means the Governors are looking for:
• An inspirational leader with a strong track record of improving outcomes for children
• A commitment to delivering excellent standards of teaching and learning through a broad, balanced and creative curriculum
• A individual committed to promoting and developing the Christian character of the school and able to work closely with the parish church and LDBS
• An individual with high expectations of all stakeholders and proven leadership and management skills
• The ability to build on our current success and lead us to become outstanding
As Headteacher at St Mary’s you will:
• Work with a strong SLT and dedicated Governors
• Lead a committed and highly skilled staff team
• Commit to getting the best from our ambitious and motivated children
• Work with the dedicated Inclusion team to help support children in reaching their potential academically, socially and emotionally
Please look at our website and ethos statement for more information about the school: https://www.stmarysn8.co.uk/ https://www.stmarysn8.co.uk/our-vision-ethos/
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Completed application should be sent to Sophie Plimley, Clerk to the Governors, email@example.com by 12 noon, 30th April 2018. See Recruitment pack for more details.
Start date: September 2018 (negotiable)
Contract type: Full Time, permanent
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to DBS checks where appropriate along with other relevant checks. We reserve the right to research applicants on social media platforms and the internet, and the panel members may take this into consideration during the recruitment process.