Loughborough Primary School is looking for an ambitious and committed leader to guide us into our next phase of development.
The school serves a diverse local community in Brixton and our teachers work with families to help children of all backgrounds and abilities to flourish. Pupils make strong academic progress and benefit from a broad curriculum both inside and outside of the classroom.
This is a pivotal moment for Loughborough as we look to build on good progress of recent years, and successfully navigate the coming years of inevitable change in the education sector.
The school’s governing board is seeking to appoint a headteacher who:
- Is ambitious for our school and able to design and implement a clear vision for how to continue to make excellent progress both academically and within the wider curriculum
- Will ensure that an inclusive learning environment with high standards is delivered for all
- Is an accomplished people leader and can coach, motivate, develop and recruit excellent staff and leaders at all levels
- Communicates effectively and is able to build good working relationships with the wider school community
- Has strong experience as a Headteacher, Head of School or Deputy Head.
We can offer:
- The opportunity to lead a thriving and purposeful school, (judged Good by Ofsted in 2017, 2013 and 2008)
- A vibrant atmosphere where children develop a love of learning
- Talented staff who are committed to Loughborough and the pupils’ progress and development
- A modern and well maintained school building in Brixton
- The chance to make a difference to children and the local area.
Further information can be found in the attached candidate pack.
Applications may be made online through TES, or by requesting an application form by emailing Rosa Vaz at schoolshr@Lambeth.gov.uk.
Closing date: Friday 24th January 2020
Shortlisting: Wednesday 29th January 2020
Interviews: Thursday 6th February and Friday 7th February 2020
We welcome visits to the school, which can be arranged by contacting Fay Murray on 020 7274 8374.
Loughborough Primary School is committed to safeguarding and children’s welfare. The appointment will be subject to various checks including the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. We are committed to equality and diversity.
Loughborough Primary School and Children’s Centre
Minet Road, Brixton, London SW9 7UA