The Governors of St Richard’s are seeking to appoint a new Headteacher to continue & further develop the outstanding achievements of this happy and successful school. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced colleague at Deputy Head or serving Headteacher level. You will have a creative vision to build on our success and your challenge will be to keep us moving forward in the pursuit of excellence.
The Governors are willing to pay a starting salary of £80,310, progressing to £85,803 to attract the right candidate to lead this Group 3 school.
We are looking for a strong, dynamic and inspirational leader who:
- is a committed, practising Catholic with a clear vision and strong commitment to Catholic Education;
- has the ability to put the needs of the children first, making them excited about their learning journey and develop their individual talents to the full;
- is a leader who will continue to develop and sustain a culture of challenge, respect and ambition for all in the school;
- will motivate and further develop all colleagues;
- is an excellent communicator and commits to working closely in partnership with parents, the Parish, the Diocese and the wider community.
Our pupils are looking for a headteacher who is:
- strict but always fair
- has a sense of humour and is kind to the children
- a good listener
- proud to lead our school
We can offer:
- a committed and supportive Governing Body
- happy pupils who want to come to school and have high expectations of their own achievements
- staff who are committed to excellence in teaching and learning who strive to ensure that all children achieve their best
- support for your own professional development, alongside support from the Diocese and the Local Authority
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Marshall at the school.
Paper applications should be returned to the Chair of Governors, Fr M Dever, St Richard’s Presbytery, Sutcliffe Avenue, Longsight, M12 5TN.
Closing Date: Friday 4th May at 12noon
Shortlisting: Thursday 10th May at 5.30pm
Interviews: Monday 21st May
St Richard’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Certificate.