- Maricourt Catholic High School, a Voluntary Aided school, was founded by the Sisters of Mercy on the 12th September 1957 and has maintained the ethos and charism of the founding Sisters throughout the past 60 years. The School Mission Statement reflects this commitment - 'Maricourt seeks to provide and sustain a living Catholic community which is rooted in Christian values and where growth and knowledge, respect, love and fellowship are shared by all.'
Required for 1st September 2019
Group 7 – Number on roll 1301 Salary range L33 – L39 £87,732 - £100,568
On the retirement of our current Headteacher after 12 years of outstanding service, the Governors under the Trusteeship of the Sisters of Mercy are seeking to appoint a new Headteacher with the vision, energy, dynamism and commitment to continue to inspire the whole school community.
- Be a committed practising Catholic;
- Have leadership experience to at least Deputy Head level;
- Have successful experience of implementing and managing change;
- Have a passion for developing potential in others and promoting a learning community;
- Have excellent people management and communication skills;
- Command the respect of the whole school community; staff, parents, students and governors.
- A school which places the development, care and respect of the individual at the heart of our mission;
- An outstanding, experienced Governing Board closely involved in all aspects of the school;
- A strong, diverse and experienced Leadership team;
- Talented and innovative staff committed to the development of the potential of each and every student;
- Responsive students and highly supportive parents;
- Trustees committed to the continuing success of the school;
- Close working links with the Archdiocese of Liverpool and Sefton Local Authority.
An application pack can be downloaded from www.maricourt.net in the vacancies section or please contact Mrs S Clarke, School Business Manager, on 0151 282 2101 if any assistance is required.
Informal visits to the school are welcomed by prior arrangement with Mrs Clarke at the following times: 9.15am on Thursday 1st November and 2.00pm on Friday 9th November
Closing date: 12 pm Wednesday 14th November 2018
Interviews dates: Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th December 2018