The children of St Peter’s C of E Primary School, Edgmond are looking for a new Headteacher, from September 2020. We are looking for a special person to lead our wonderful school. Is that person you? We do hope so! We are so excited be able to welcome you to our school soon.
Due to the retirement of our current Headteacher we require an exceptional educational practitioner with the ability and ambition to lead the school into the next phase of its journey. You will need to build upon our excellent reputation as a church school, work closely with other schools and be committed to further extending links with other agencies and partners.
St Peter’s is a successful, vibrant, village Primary School of 200 children with close links to the church. We are proud to provide a happy, caring pupil centred environment, whilst ensuring that stimulating and inspiring learning is being delivered and taking account of all the needs of our children. We have a strong commitment to the continuous improvement of every aspect of school life and strive to deliver a comprehensive educational experience of the highest quality for our children. The school is located in a beautiful, traditional village location close to the town of Newport, Shropshire and is part of the Telford and Wrekin Local Authority.
On behalf of our children and staff, the Governing Body are looking for a Headteacher who:
- can maximise improvement opportunities and demonstrate strong and fair leadership skills with a clear vision and direction to lead by example,
- is approachable and nurturing to staff, pupil and families,
- is passionate and creative about teaching and learning and believes in the potential of all pupils and staff,
- is willing to work with all stakeholders, including the extended community and surrounding schools, to identify areas of development and have the drive and commitment to further develop teaching, learning and assessment,
- will work alongside governors to ensure their impact on school priorities and continued effective leadership of the school.
As a school community we can offer you:
- an exciting challenge and opportunity to lead our school,
- the opportunity to work with a committed staff and Governing Body,
- talented, bright and engaging pupils who have a positive attitude to learning, who are hardworking, caring and proud to attend their school,
- our able and committed staff with their ‘can do’ attitude who are dedicated to achieving the best possible outcomes,
- supportive and engaged parent community,
- opportunities to work alongside local cluster schools on various projects,
- the support of an experienced governing body who are committed to developing the school as an inspirational unit.
We welcome applications from Deputy Heads and serving Heads. We do not underestimate the challenges ahead in our ever-changing educational landscape, but we will provide a supportive network to help our new Headteacher achieve success.
Pay range: Group 2 school L10-L16 / £51,311-£59,528 (1 Sept 2019 to 31 Aug 2020)
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. We shall be welcoming visitors on Wednesday 8th / 15th January 2020 at 1.30pm and on Thursday 9th / 16th January 2020 at 9.30am.
Closing date: Noon Thursday 23rd January 2020
Date of Interviews: Wednesday 5th / Thursday 6th February 2020
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to a full enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references, proof of qualifications, photographic proof of identity, entitlement to live and work in the EU as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2019).