Are you committed to making a significant difference to children’s learning opportunities, achievements and life chances? We intend to appoint an inspiring, knowledgeable school leader who has the vision, energy and skills to provide dynamic leadership throughout the next phase of our school’s growth and development.
We are ambitious for all aspects of our children’s education and the school’s ethos reflects our commitment to providing an inclusive and caring education. The school serves families with a wide range of backgrounds and a rich cultural diversity. Our children love coming to school; they are motivated and enthusiastic learners. The teaching team are highly professional, committed and hardworking; they willingly embrace innovation and creative approaches to teaching and learning when they are convinced that it will benefit the children in their care.
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- A good range of successful leadership experience
- A powerful commitment to securing further improvements in standards and ensuring full inclusivity
- A rigorous approach to making very effective use of all data to focus the school’s work and resources upon closing any gaps in performance
- A commitment to building upon the school’s established ethos, practices and range of developments
- An evident capacity for strategic thinking and planning to ensure that the school continues to prosper and all children flourish
- A clear commitment to ensuring that the safety and welfare of children and staff remains at the core of the school’s daily work
- Excellent communication skills and the capacity to inspire, stimulate and develop all staff through
- An understanding of the importance of having a high profile within the school, local and educational community
- A commitment to being approachable and to fostering a collegiate spirit throughout the school
- The ability to negotiate and facilitate as appropriate and to remain calm and resilient and make sound and consistent decisions particularly when under pressure
- An energetic and positive personality with an infectious enthusiasm for innovation and creativity
- A commitment to building partnerships with other schools to help drive improvement
We can offer:
- A thriving school where children are eager to learn and behave well
- A dedicated, talented and hardworking team who believe that every child matters and that they will all succeed
- A strong leadership team including a deputy without a class teaching responsibility, and a 0.6 FTE SENCo- inclusion manager,
- A very able team of classroom based support staff
- An active, knowledgeable and committed set of governors
- A commitment to your continued professional development
- Excellent accommodation and grounds
- Excellent teaching resources that are well matched to the whole curriculum
- Strong links with top quality educational professionals
- Our school was judged ‘good with outstanding features’ by Ofsted in December 2015
Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged via the Chair of Governors, Glen Scott email@example.com
How to Apply
An application pack and details of how to apply available via website www.educationjobfinder.org.uk
Closing date: 29 January 2018
Shortlisting: 1 February 2018
Interviews: 20 & 21 February 2018
We look forward to hearing from you.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer. An enhanced DBS check will be carried out.
This post comes under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Lakenham Primary School, City Road, Norwich NR1 2HL
Tel 01603 877780