Drake Primary School are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, passionate and skilled individual to lead our school and day care provision. Our headteacher is retiring. Thetford is located in the heart of Breckland, near the market town of Bury St Edmunds; the jewel of Suffolk and is surrounded by beautiful countryside. There are excellent road and rail links to London and Cambridge. The Governing Body runs Little Pirates, an on sight all year-round day care provision. This is led by two experienced managers which is overseen and supported by a member of the current leadership team with the Head Teacher having an overseeing leadership role.
We are looking for someone to lead us as we continue our journey from infant to primary school. This is a great opportunity for the right person to build upon the excellent work already underway. Our children are eager to learn and are enthusiastic; our staff are passionate and hardworking; our parents are supportive and encouraging; our governors are committed and aspirational.
We are seeking to appoint someone with:
- Commitment to focus on achieving the best for all our children – from the babies in our day care to our future year 6’s and everyone in between
- Insight to bring new ideas to build on what already works
- Ability to listen to and develop staff across the setting
- A dedication to ensure pupils achieve their potential in a positive and creative environment
- Experience in a headship role
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
We can offer you:
- A friendly, supportive and professional staff throughout both the day care provision and school
- Enthusiastic, happy children who have a positive approach to learning
- A supportive team of governors
- Excellent resources and facilities in our recently extended and refurbished building
- A commitment to support your development
- A reflective Senior Leadership Team across the setting with a breadth of knowledge and experience.
We welcome visits to the school, please contact Mary Bartrop, the current headteacher, to arrange a visit date.
How to Apply:
Information and details of how to apply available via website www.educationjobfinder.org.uk
Closing date: 13 May 2018
Shortlisting: 18 May 2018
Interview dates: 14 & 15 June 2018
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any applicant must expect to comply fully with enhanced DBS and reference vetting checks.
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.