Are you committed to making a significant difference to children’s learning opportunities, achievements and life chances? We intend to appoint an inspiring, knowledgeable school leader who has the vision, energy and skills to provide dynamic leadership throughout the next phase of our school’s growth and development.
We are ambitious for all aspects of our children’s education and the school’s ethos reflects our commitment to providing an inclusive and caring education. The school serves families with a wide range of backgrounds and a rich cultural diversity. Our children love coming to school; they are motivated and enthusiastic learners. The teaching team are highly professional, committed and hardworking; they willingly embrace innovation and creative approaches to teaching and learning when they are convinced that it will benefit the children in their care.
This vacancy is due to our outstanding Headteacher moving on to a substantial, new challenge after ten very successful years. Currently, governors are thoroughly exploring the possibility of becoming a founder member of an innovative multi academy trust.
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- A good range of successful leadership experience
- A powerful commitment to securing further improvements in standards and ensuring full inclusivity
- A rigorous approach to making very effective use of all data to focus the school’s work and resources upon closing any gaps in performance
- A commitment to building upon the school’s established ethos, practices and range of developments
- An evident capacity for strategic thinking and planning to ensure that the school continues to prosper and all children flourish
- A clear commitment to ensuring that the safety and welfare of children and staff remains at the core of the school’s daily work
You will need excellent communication skills and the capacity to inspire, stimulate and develop all staff through:
- An understanding of the importance of having a high profile within the school, local and educational community
- A commitment to being approachable and to fostering a collegiate spirit throughout the school
- The ability to negotiate and facilitate as appropriate and to remain calm and resilient and make sound and consistent decisions particularly when under pressure
- An energetic and positive personality with an infectious enthusiasm for innovation and creativity
We can offer:
A thriving school where children are eager to learn and behave well
A dedicated, talented and hardworking team who believe that every child matters and that they will all succeed
A strong leadership team including a deputy without a class teaching responsibility, and a 0.6 FTE SENCo-inclusion manager
A very able team of classroom based support staff
An active, knowledgeable and committed set of governors
A commitment to your continued professional development
Excellent accommodation and grounds
Excellent teaching resources that are well matched to the whole curriculum
Strong links with top quality educational professionals
The opportunity to potentially play a full role in shaping educational provision within an innovative MAT
Our school was judged ‘good with outstanding features’ by Ofsted in December 2015
To learn more about the post, an application pack can be requested via an email to the school office: email@example.com
Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged via the Chairman of Governors, John Chilvers: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
For further details and to apply visit: www.norfolk.gov.uk/jobsandcareers
Please quote job reference: 052 HTN
Closing date: Tuesday 21 March 2017
Interview dates: 20 and 21 April 2017
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulation and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Lakenham Primary School
Tel: 01603 877780