Group 1, 2-11 Primary School of approximately 77 pupils plus a 26 place nursery.
Our current Headteacher has decided to pursue other professional opportunities. She has brought the school to a point where it is now very well-regarded and successful, with much potential through its staff team to get better still. We are seeking an outstanding educational professional to build on this platform and realise that potential.
Belford Primary School is a small rural school serving the village of Belford and its surrounding communities in North Northumberland. It only evolved from a first school in September 2018 and there is much opportunity arising from this change. We were rated good by Ofsted in March 2018 and our outcomes are above national averages. We have a very strong, committed and youthful staff team who seek inspirational leadership, mentoring and challenge to further their own professional development.
Our educational philosophy is encapsulated by our motto “Make, Believe, Learn, Achieve” which we explain in detail in the application pack. Children’s progress is at the heart of everything we do, how our resources are allocated and in our commitment to staff development and distributed leadership.
Applicants should have:
- The very highest levels of expectation of themselves and their colleagues.
- Leadership qualities to challenge, inspire, motivate and empower others.
- The skills to be a critical friend, role model, coach and inspiration to others.
- The courage of their own convictions but also the ability and humility to reassess.
- The ability, presence and communication skills to secure the role of our school at the centre of its local community.
- Strong evidence of successful experience in a management role.
- A strong commitment to our school’s educational philosophy and beliefs, including safeguarding the welfare of every member of the school community.
We can offer you:
- The commitment of a strong staff team and cohesive governing body.
- Opportunities for you to demonstrate how you have made a positive impact on our school, its children and our local community.
- The opportunity to innovate further within a well-resourced and successful school.
- A model of school management and organisation which has proved to be robust even in constrained financial circumstances.
If you have a passion for learning, high expectations of yourself and those around you, and the skills to translate those expectations into successful educational outcomes, we would love to hear from you. If you can couple those qualities with a strong commitment to the further development both of our staff within the school and the school within the community, better still.
Please take the opportunity to visit our school before you apply, if you possibly can, and watch our online video:
Further information can also be found on our website, and please refer to our 2018 Ofsted report. http://www.belfordprimary.northumberland.sch.uk/website
Application forms and further details are obtainable by downloading an applicants pack here and sending your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon, Monday 21st January 2019
Belford Primary School is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.