Join us and help us to shape the future of Catholic education in Nottingham
To walk hand in hand with God, loving Him, loving each other and loving ourselves, doing our best with the gifts He gave us to make the world a richer place.
The Governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic and dedicated person to lead our school community and to continue to develop this happy and very successful school. From September 2018, the school will become part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust, along with all the Catholic schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire.
Reporting to and working closely with the CEO, you will focus your leadership skills on both the Catholic Life of the school and standards of teaching and learning. Working with the school community, you will be responsible for the all round spiritual, social and academic development of all children.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced colleague at Deputy Head or serving Head level or for a less experienced senior leader, who could be supported initially by another successful Headteacher from within the Trust, if required.
We wish to appoint:
- A practising Catholic with a strong faith and a deep commitment to Catholic Education and the Catholic ethos of the school
- A person who values all children as individuals and ensures that all children are confident and able to achieve their full potential
- Someone with a proven track record of outstanding practice and achievement with high expectations in all areas of school life
- A leader and innovator who encourages, enthuses and motivates the school community through excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Someone who will maintain and develop the partnerships between our school, our parents, our parishes, Diocese and the wider community
Our Children would like someone who is:
- Organised and a good listener
- Kind and makes sure everybody is happy
- Caring and who will look after them
- Creative and helpful with class work
- Firm but fair
We can offer:
- A highly supportive and ambitious Catholic Multi-Academy Trust Board and Governing Body
- A happy working and learning environment
- A stable, strong and enthusiastic staff team
- Access to further professional development
- First class CPD opportunities and the opportunity to lead CPD for The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance
- An excellent, bespoke induction programme
- First-rate personal career development opportunities as part of a new forward thinking CMAT and its associated Teaching School Alliance
- A wonderful opportunity!
There will be an expectation that you will make a positive contribution to the overall development of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 12pm on Friday, 27th April 2018
Interviews: w/b Monday 7th May 2018
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed - please contact Mrs B. Gethings on 0115 915 1799.
To arrange to discuss the vacancy with James McGeachie (CEO designate), please contact Mrs Karen Rich, PA to James McGeachie firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that St Mary’s is closed for the Easter break from 30th March-16th April.
How to apply
Please apply using the NRCDES senior leader application form and including a supporting statement of no more than 2 sides of A4, including a summary of the impact of your work as a school leader in your current / recent roles. Please address your application to James McGeachie, CEO designate, and return it to Barbara Gethings at email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced check for regulated activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service. References will be taken up for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview.