Join us and help us to shape the future of Catholic secondary education in Nottinghamshire
The Diocese of Nottingham is looking to appoint a new Headteacher to this high performing Catholic Secondary School from September 2018. From September 2018, the school will become part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust, along with all the Catholic schools in Nottinghamshire.
Reporting to, and working closely with, the CEO, you will focus your leadership skills on both the Catholic Life of the school and standards of teaching and learning. Working with the school community, you will be responsible for the all-round spiritual, social and academic development of all students.
The successful candidate will:
- be practising a Catholic with a strong faith commitment and a clear vision for Catholic Education
- ensure that the example and teachings of Jesus Christ are at the centre of all that we do
- have a proven track record of successful leadership, management and school improvement
- have the vision, drive and energy to initiate, lead and manage strategies to build on the current successes and achievements of the school
- be passionate about ensuring that each student fulfils their unique potential
- be a confident, positive and visible leader with the ability to build relationships with staff, students, parents, Governors, Directors and others working in the CMAT and a wide variety of external partners
- constantly be looking ahead, working closely with the CMAT, Governors and the SLT to develop a compelling faith centred vision for the school that acts as the focus of all activity and drives improvement
- be able to build successful teams and work collaboratively with others to achieve success
- have the ability to drive themselves and others
- be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance
- actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences
- place safeguarding at the heart of the school
In return we can offer you:
- an 11-18 school with an excellent reputation and strong outcomes in all Key Stages
- (OFSTED ‘Good’, 2017). The school is consistently oversubscribed with first preferences
- enthusiastic and ambitious young people who are keen to learn
- a highly supportive and ambitious Catholic Multi-Academy Trust Board and Governing Body
- a school which is fully staffed by a dedicated, well qualified teaching and support team committed to supporting the school and its students
- first class CPD opportunities and the opportunity to lead CPD for The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance
- an excellent, bespoke induction programme
- first-rate personal career development opportunities as part of a new forward thinking CMAT and its associated Teaching School Alliance
There will be an expectation that you will make a positive contribution to the overall development of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust.
To arrange a visit to the school please contact Lesley Buet at All Saints’ (firstname.lastname@example.org) or to arrange a meeting to discuss the vacancy with, James McGeachie, the CEO, please contact Mrs Karen Rich, PA to James McGeachie (CEO designate) email@example.com
Please note that All Saints’ is closed for the Easter break from 30th March-16th April.
How to apply
Please apply using the NRCDES senior leader application form and include a supporting statement of no more than 2 sides of A4 and an additional single side of A4 summarising the impact of your work as a school leader in your current/recent roles. Please address your application to James McGeachie, CEO designate, and return it to Lesley Buet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is midday Monday 16th April 2018.
Interviews are scheduled for the week beginning 23rd April 2018.
All Saints’ Catholic Voluntary Academy