Location: Harbour View Federation - Twin Sails Infant School and Nursery / Hamworthy Park Junior School, Poole
Role: Headteacher of Federation - across Twin Sails Infant School and Hamworthy Park Junior School
An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead and manage two schools within the Hillary Partnership.
The Governors are seeking a proven, experienced and innovative leader with the ambition to continue developing the work achieved so far in our schools. The candidate must have the capacity to strategically lead, manage and motivate our staff and children. They will provide strong, focused and clear management style with an ability to lead by example. A clear passion for school improvement and meeting standards of an ever-evolving curriculum requires a self-motivated and determined individual.
Harbour View Federation is determined to remain a community’s choice for the educational needs of their children.
WE ARE SEEKING A PROFESSIONAL INDIVIDUAL WHO:
- Is an inspirational, strategic and organised leader with a proven track record of improvement.
- Is committed to every child achieving their potential and can secure consistently high standards in teaching and learning.
- Is able to manage large numbers of personnel, with outstanding communication and delegation skills.
- Has the highest expectation for learners, staff and the wider community.
- Can disseminate consistent teaching and learning strategies throughout the school.
- Will empower and inspire staff and children to be the best they can be.
- Is able to sustain and accelerate progress in raising standards of teaching and learning.
- Is innovative and passionate about improving educational standards.
- Will build upon our good relationships within the school, across partnerships and in the wider community.
- Is able to engage and interact with other Partnership Senior Leaders in such a way to maintain best practices throughout all schools within the Hillary Partnership.
IN RETURN, WE ARE PROUD TO OFFER:
- Children who will appreciate strong leadership to encourage them to strive to do their best and be proud of their school.
- A team of staff who are keen to learn and develop their skills and who are committed to raising standards.
- A new leadership structure to facilitate the delivery of teaching and learning across all aspects of EYFS through to Year 6 seamlessly.
- Excellent CPD opportunities and training and development programmes.
- Access to a Trust Teaching School.
- An individual induction programme supported by a mentor.
- Networking groups.
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- A tax efficient childcare scheme through salary sacrifice.
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing support.
- Free confidential telephone and face to face counselling for staff and family members.
We welcome applications from experienced leaders looking for a fresh challenge. We offer you the support of a loyal team who are dedicated to continuous improvement. We invite you to walk through our doors, meet the staff and pupils and experience the ethos of our schools.
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy, please view the job description and complete the application form, which can be found at www.hamwic.org. Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like a tour of the schools, please register your interest at email@example.com , or contact Joanne Jones by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Tours dates will be agreed.
Closing Date: Monday 10th June 2019 – 12:00pm
Interviews: Monday 8th July and Tuesday 9th July 2019
All schools within the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.