We are looking for an outstanding Headteacher to lead East Crompton St. George’s into the next stage of its development. The school was judged by Ofsted in March 2013 to be ‘good’, and received an ‘outstanding’ judgement in the SIAMS inspection of December 2016. The post has arisen following the Headteacher’s decision to explore new opportunities as a result of changes to her family circumstances.
The successful candidate will be an inspiring leader and effective manager who understands what ‘quality’ teaching looks like in the Primary context. We want to build on our successes, to take our school onwards and upwards, with a dynamic committed and nurturing Headteacher who will be excited by the opportunity to work in a vibrant, friendly school and who will bring their vision, passion and empathy to deliver our pupils the best possible education and learning experiences.
We have a talented and hard-working staff team, a committed Local Board, and the total support of- and collaboration with - our local [and very highly regarded] MAT, the Cranmer Education Trust. East Crompton St. George joined the Cranmer Education Trust, comprising Mayfield Primary School (Ofsted ‘good’), East Crompton St. George Primary and Blue Coat CofE Academy (Ofsted ‘outstanding’) in September 2015. The Trust is now also an accredited Initial Teacher Training provider (Manchester Nexus), training teachers for both primary and secondary phases.
If you are a Deputy Head, Assistant Head or a Headteacher in a primary school with a strong track record of success, and you have the vision and ambition to lead our School, this could be your ideal post, and we will ensure it is one with real prospects of career progression as well. The growth of the Cranmer Education Trust offers great opportunities for professional and leadership development. We are sure the right candidate will be very happy here, and will flourish as an educational leader
East Crompton St. George C of E Primary School is an easy commute from the towns of Greater Manchester and further afield from Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North West Derbyshire and South West Yorkshire.
· A school in a lovely setting, recently expanded to 2 form entry with all the opportunities that will bring. The building programme is complete and the school is an attractive environment for teaching.
· A strong ethos and a warm, nurturing environment for children.
· The support of an experienced and expert team in the Trust. The Headteacher is fully supported in all financial, HR, estates, IT and data analysis issues, and benefits from an experienced and expert School Improvement Partner.
· The Trust’s commitment to improvement by building capacity and systems across our school, we have introduced Target Tracker to provide a consistent framework for assessment; we are starting to introduce Singapore Maths across our primary schools; we invest in our staff with 2 teachers on middle leadership development through Ambition School Leadership; there are close links with the secondary partner to enrich the opportunities for children and to develop and support teachers in the new curriculum.
· The ability to talent spot, recruit promising teachers as they enter the profession; the Trust’s teacher-training arm, Manchester Nexus, is now increasing its primary recruitment, placing trainees in schools across the Teaching School Alliance. This brings energy and resource to all our schools, and enables us to shape the teachers we need.
Further details and a full application pack are available from our advisers ASDTi by visiting and downloading from www.primaryhead.co.uk by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 01457 851407.
They are available evenings and weekends as well, and would be pleased to organise a visit to our school for interested candidates, or to discuss your relocation needs.
Closing date for applications: Monday 18th December 2017 at 11.00pm (evening).
Shortlisting will take place immediately, and interviews will be held in January 2018.
East Crompton St. George C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
East Crompton St. George C of E Primary School is part of the Cranmer Education Trust which is a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (registered number No 07687709, VAT No 118109926). Registered office: The Blue Coat School, Egerton Street, Oldham, OL1 3SQ.