Northern House School (Oxford) is an Outstanding school that caters for, educates and nurtures children aged 5-11 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH). The school has a reputation for excellence.
The current successful headteacher is leaving at the end of the academic year in order to progress other opportunities, so the Governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational and visionary leader with the energy and enthusiasm to further develop this busy, vibrant and popular Special School situated within the city of Oxford.
This is an opportunity for you to be the inspirational leader our school needs, who understands the many challenges that special schools face, not least the restraints imposed in the current tight funding climate. The successful applicant will have the heart and vision for the continued development of our school. The successful applicant won’t be driven by ego or reward, but by the knowledge that every day leadership will improve the life chances of some of the country’s most disadvantaged children and set them on their path to a successful future.
It is expected that the successful applicant will take up the post on 1 September 2019.
We are looking for:
- A leader with a strong background of SEND education, with high expectations of staff and pupils
- A leader with excellent oral and written communication skills, who will inspire and develop the staff team, and have an open, caring and supportive approach with parents and carers
- A knowledgeable and skilful professional able to effectively manage the performance of colleagues and inspire the highest standards of teaching and learning
- An efficient manager who can interpret data and is keen to collaborate with other schools
- An inspirational leader with the skills and personality to take this excellent school forward
If you are an ambitious senior leader in a good or outstanding department or SEND school, and have an open and positive leadership style with the requisite skills required for headship in this ever-changing, and challenging, educational field we would welcome your application.
Northern House School will give you
- A caring and welcoming family atmosphere
- The ability to support positive relationships with pupils, parents, governors and the wider community
- A Leadership Salary L18 to L23
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Following a successful probation period access to an array of some of the best discretionary employee benefits that any school or Trust offers
- Employer paid Health Cash Plan, which provides money back on a range of wellbeing and health items, such as Dental Surgery, Opticians, Physiotherapy and Chiropody
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Car leasing scheme through salary sacrifice
Please download an application pack from our Trust’s website.(www.northernhouse.org.uk).
In your covering letter tell us:
- what has prepared you for this role
- why you want to join our Trust and school
- what challenges the continuing ‘Outstanding’ label poses for the incoming Headteacher, specifically during times of political and financial challenge
Closing date is 22/03/2019 at 12.00 noon
Interview date is week beginning 25/03/2019
Once you have completed your application please email Jobs@northernhouse.org.uk.
For a further discussion about the position please contact Ian Barker, CEO, on 07467952449.
We would also encourage potential applicants to contact and visit the school prior to the closing date. To arrange a visit please contact Kate Bartlett (School Business Manager) on 01865 557 004
Northern House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expectst all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a rigorous, Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and all references obtained will be checked for authenticity and accuracy.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of the community.