Plymouth CAST Multi-Academy Trust is seeking to appoint a Headteacher for The Cathedral School of St Mary, Plymouth, for September 2019.
The Cathedral School of St Mary is a small primary school in the centre of Plymouth. There are 100 pupils and 21 staff. Although it is currently graded good by Ofsted, applicants should be aware that there is work to do to ensure it remains good at the next inspection. The school is situated in a deprived part of the City with 42% Pupil Premium, 14% SEN and 48% EAL. The school is situated right next to the Cathedral and has lots of local attractions within walking distance that are used to enhance their learning experiences. The team at The Cathedral is highly committed, resilient and has a passion to provide an excellent education for the pupils.
The successful candidate:
● Is a practising Catholic with a strong understanding of and commitment to the Gospel and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
● Has ability to lead school-wide improvement initiatives that have a demonstrable impact on pupil attainment.
● Has made a significant impact in teaching and learning outcomes.
● Is passionately committed to safeguarding and the welfare and wellbeing of children and young people.
● Is committed to meeting the learning and pastoral needs of all pupils at the school.
● Can manage the school’s financial and human resources effectively and efficiently to achieve the school’s educational goals and priorities.
● Is resilient and positive, responding to the current challenges in education.
● Is able to work as part of a team and establish positive relationships with pupils, parents, governors and staff.
● Is committed to working as part of a family of schools within the Trust.
Required: September 2019
Salary: Leadership pay spine 10-16
Visits to the school are encouraged. To arrange a visit, please contact Anna Packer, Senior Administrator by email at email@example.com or contact the school on 01752 265270.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Closing Date for applications: Midday on Monday 25th February 2019
Date for in-school activities: - W/c 11th March 2019
Panel Interview at St Boniface House, Ashburton: - 18th or 19th March 2019