Due to retirement of our headteacher, the Governors of Montacute School wish to appoint an inspirational leader to shape and influence our future, while building on our strengths to ensure continued success.
Montacute school is a specialist school for children and young people who have Complex Learning Difficulties or Disabilities (CLDD) set in the conurbation of Poole.
Our pupils are at the most complex end of the spectrum which offers a diversity of challenges. The school is an integral part of the local provision for special education with an active outreach service.
We have 85 children on roll, ranging from 3 -19 years. Our School is currently rated “Good” by Ofsted.
We are looking for a headteacher who:
• Is an experienced and motivational leader who can develop our future leadership team
• Has a passion for learning and achieving the very best outcomes for our young people across the whole school curriculum
• Has excellent communication skills with parents, children, staff and the wider community
• Has the flexibility to adapt to an ever-changing educational world and the ability to think creatively
• Leads by example with a willingness to go that extra mile
In return we are proud to offer you
• A happy, supportive and welcoming school with an ethos of ‘learning, fun and friendship’
• Support from a strong and committed senior leadership and a dedicated staff team
• Extensive, modern facilities set in an attractive environment, that are used to extend pupils’ learning experiences
• The commitment of an active and supportive governing body
• Strong links with local schools and the wider community
• A commitment to continued professional development for all staff
Montacute School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Organisation Montacute School, 3 Canford Heath Road,
Poole, Dorset, BH17 9NG
Salary Range: L27-34 (starting point flexible depending on experience)
Job term Full Time
Appointment Type Permanent
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Download details and application form from our website at www.montacute.poole.sch.uk
Please send completed applications to Rachel Holland at Montacute School, 3 Canford Heath Road, Poole, Dorset, BH17 9NG or by email to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd March, 12 noon
Shortlisting Date: Tuesday 26th March 2019
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 24th and
Thursday 25th April 2019
Informal visits to the school are warmly encouraged. To arrange a visit please contact Rachel Holland tel.no. 01202 693239