Required for September 2017 due to retirement of our Headteacher (January 18 start considered)
We are a large infant school, having recently undergone expansion and extensive building work. We have a three form intake and have ten classes, including a Nursery class. The school is located in South Reading and is set in extensive and attractive grounds, giving children plenty of space to learn and play.
At Geoffrey Field Infant School we work in an atmosphere that inspires young learners and we consider every moment of the day to be a learning opportunity.
With a strong focus on reading, literacy and high quality, positive behavior management, our children make outstanding progress. The high standards and expectations of all staff means the children leave us with an ability and desire to learn.
We foster a culture of inclusion, mutual respect and co-operation. We value the development of all members of staff and strongly believe that children’s learning is benefitted by thoughtfully planned and delivered Continuing Professional Development.
The governors wish to appoint a new headteacher who:
- has high personal standards and always strives to improve and develop.
- has held a senior position and had experience in Key Stage 1/Early Years.
- shares our ethos that good quality early years’ practice has a long lasting impact on children’s desire and ability to learn.
- demonstrates innovative and forward thinking ideas while being able to build on the outstanding teaching and learning already present in the school.
- has experience of and values the importance of collaborating with other schools and partners in a leadership capacity.
- demonstrates an experience of working within a diverse community and has an understanding and respect of the challenges and opportunities this creates.
This is an opportunity to:
join an outstanding school whose children make excellent progress.
lead a welcoming and inclusive school community.
be part of and lead a fantastic team of committed staff.
work with an experienced and focussed governing body.
Further information about the school and the application process can be found on our school website www.geoffreyfieldinfant.co.uk
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged between 24th April to 5th May 2017, please contact the Chair of Governors on email@example.com
Application packs can be downloaded from the school website www.geoffreyfieldinfant.co.uk. Completed applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: midnight, Sunday 7th May 2017
Shortlisting: Tuesday 9th May 2017
Interview date: Monday 15th May, Tuesday 16th May 2017
As an equal opportunities employer we celebrate diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Geoffrey Field Infant School
Exbourne Road, Reading RG2 8RH
Telephone: 0118 937 5473