Relocation: A generous relocation allowance may be available where the employee’s new home is reasonably close to the workplace and the former home is not.
Pension: Teachers’ Pension Scheme
Wardle Academy is located on an attractive, new-build (2014), campus in the semi-rural town of Wardle, in the borough of Rochdale, Greater Manchester. It lies just off the M62 and A58 with a direct commute from much of the North West, Manchester, Bolton, Bury, Stockport, Oldham, Warrington, Merseyside and the towns and cities of South and West Yorkshire. Recently confirmed by Ofsted as ‘Good’ (Grade 2), the Academy is financially strong, oversubscribed, and the sole secondary school within the Wardle Trust, our MAT.
We are looking for a Headteacher to lead the Academy into the next phase of our development. Secure as a ‘Good’ school, we want our pupils to study in an Outstanding Academy. Consequently, the Trust Board wishes to appoint a leader with a collegiate style, and with presence, gravitas and integrity, who is committed to an inclusive 11-16 environment. We are keen to build on our successes and continue the quest for outstanding outcomes for all our students – we wish to appoint someone who knows what ‘outstanding’ looks like, and who has the inspirational and organisational qualities to lead us there, whilst preserving and further developing the beliefs, values and culture of the Academy and the Trust.
This is a unique opportunity, and you will find different aspects of this role fulfilling, dependent on your existing skills and achievements: -
· A Head of School, Deputy Principal/Deputy Headteacher (or similar) will find the challenge of true Headship an exciting one, with our dedicated and talented Senior Leaders and secure financial health status providing an excellent platform for future achievements.
· A Principal/Headteacher of a smaller school or a stand-alone Academy will be excited by the prospect of leading a large, complex and stimulating school, of involvement in our MAT and its expansion, in building relationships within the town and our region, and seeking partnership opportunities to deliver excellence and security to young people on a wider scale.
We are looking for an outstanding educational leader with a strong track record of success and the vision and ambition to lead our Academy. Whatever your previous experience, the Trust will ensure this post is the right one for you, with real prospects of personal development and job satisfaction.
The successful applicant will:
• Possess outstanding interpersonal skills to lead, motivate and further develop a hardworking and talented staff body;
• Have the character and values that align with an Academy focused both upon inclusivity and striving for high achievement and attainment;
• Lead with an inspirational style, maintaining a collegiate ethos and strong academic, co-curricular and pastoral systems;
• Have the political skills to engage with stakeholders within the wider community and develop further the Academy’s position within the academic, social and business communities of the town and the region;
• Have the knowledge and understanding of funding and finance that are essential to successfully manage a multi-million-pound budget;
• Embrace the opportunity to lead and develop an Academy, supported by a Trust Board that is committed to the highest standards, inclusivity and social mobility.
Potential candidates are welcome to contact our advisers ASDTi on 01457 851407 or 07736 775776 to arrange a visit to the Academy.
The appointment is, of course, subject to satisfactory references and a successful enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Further details and a full application pack are available from our advisers ASDTi by visiting and downloading from www.academyhead.co.uk by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 01457 851407.
ASDTi are available on our behalf during evenings and weekends as well and would be pleased to organise a visit to the Academy for interested candidates, or to discuss remuneration, career or relocation expectations.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 2nd December at 11.00pm.
Shortlisting will take place by the 5th December and interviews will be held during week commencing 10th December 2018.