Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council, Children and Young Peoples Services Schools
Salary details: L13 - L19 £52,929 - £61,338 (for exceptional candidates governors will consider an increase to the salary range on appointment)
Due to the retirement of our Head Teacher, the children, staff and governors of Brinsworth Manor Infant School are looking to appoint an inspiring, enthusiastic and innovative leader with the skills and ability to take this friendly school from Good to Outstanding.
We are proud to offer:
- The opportunity to lead a popular, friendly school graded GOOD at our last Ofsted inspection
- A welcoming atmosphere where every child matters
- Caring, well behaved, hardworking children who are keen to learn
- Dedicated, committed and creative teaching and support staff
- A supportive and active governing body
- Supportive parents, carers and wider community
- A fun environment that nurtures a love of learning and develops the whole child
Our children would like a head teacher who:
- Is fun and friendly
- Is kind and helpful
- Holds our hands when we’re sad
- Helps us when we are hurt
- Gives us lots of energy
- Is really good at playing
- Shows us what to do
- Is really good at assemblies
We welcome applications from someone who:
- Has strong leadership and management skills
- Is a team builder, who listens to and values the views of others
- Has the drive, energy and passion to lead and inspire our school
- Promotes a culture where all children’s contributions are valued and individuals are encouraged to succeed
- Has high expectations of pupils and staff to continue improving standards and outcomes
- Is able to display a clear vision for the provision of an imaginative and creative curriculum
- Understands how to manage the school budget to provide best value
- Is committed to promoting the inclusive ethos and values of the school
Candidates are expected to support the school’s promotion of British Values.
You are warmly welcomed to visit the school – please contact Mrs Theresa Bradley (administrative officer) on 01709 828187 for available dates and times that you can visit the school. Please email on email@example.com to request an application form.
You must submit the following as part of your application:
A completed application form
An accompanying letter of application addressed to the Chair of Governors, Mrs Stacey Deeks, c/o the school
When writing your letter of application, please address the areas designated as ‘Essential’ in the Person Specification, and include your reasons for applying for the headship of this school. Your letter should be no more than 3 sides of A4 paper, using Arial font size 12.
The closing date for applications is Monday 11th December 2017 at noon.
Shortlisting of candidates for interview will take place on Friday 15th December 2017.
Interviews will be held on Monday 22nd and Tuesday 23rd January 2018.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.