Opening September 2018
Age Range: 9-18 NoR: 1,026
We are seeking an ambitious and dedicated Headteacher to lead the development of the new School for Royston in North East Hertfordshire. The new school will be formed from the amalgamation of two middle schools and the current upper school serving this prosperous and attractive town.
The post will suit an existing Headteacher looking to extend their career or an excellent Deputy Headteacher with the skills needed to develop the school. The successful candidate will have a track record of raising standards and improving outcomes. The expectation is that they will contribute towards the development of The Royston Schools Academy Trust, the first Multi Academy Trust to be established in Hertfordshire in 2011. This will be a unique opportunity to shape the growth and development of a new school from three existing schools all judged Good in recent OFSTED inspections.
The ideal candidate will:
- be a strong leader. The school wants a Headteacher who knows what successful learning looks like in the classroom and how to achieve it;
- have a clear understanding of what makes an oustanding school and the skills and character required to develop this;
- have high expectations of pupils and staff;
- have successful leadership experience which has shown honesty, kindness, passion, commitment and resilience;
- be a strategic thinker, a talented communicator and can inspire others
- be committed to placing the new school at the centre of the community of Royston.
For an informal and confidential conversation or to arrange a visit, please contact Emma Formby on 020 3194 3147 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application form, please contact Emma Formby on the above details.
Closing date: 1st February at midday
Interviews: 7th & 8th February
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBs check is required for the successful candidate.