The Governors of St. Michael’s C of E Primary School, Sandhurst are seeking to appoint a new Headteacher for September 2019.
St Michael's is the oldest school in Sandhurst, having been at the heart of the local community since it was founded in 1862. As a single-form entry school we enjoy a strong, community atmosphere providing excellent facilities for up to 218 pupils.
This opportunity provides the chance for an imaginative and forward-thinking leader who wants to make an impact and lead our school to be outstanding.
St Michael’s has many strengths and the Governors are seeking the right person to build upon and develop these whilst maintaining our current ethos and vision.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a dynamic, imaginative and inspiring leader with a track record of success.
- Encourage and motivate children and staff to achieve their highest potential.
- Work effectively with staff, governors and parents.
- Have the ability to utilise resources efficiently and effectively in a way that maximises performance and ensures the financial sustainability of the school.
- Have high expectations and a passion for raising standards.
We offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to lead a positive and welcoming school.
- Enthusiastic children who have lively enquiring minds and want to be the ‘best they can be’.
- Staff with a range of experience and skills with a passion to deliver the curriculum.
- A supportive Governing body.
- A vibrant learning environment.
- An excellent opening for professional development.
- An exciting opportunity to lead St. Michael’s on its journey to achieving and maintaining the status of an outstanding school.
- A school serving local families with good links to the church and community.
If you would like an informal conversation about the post or wish to arrange a visit to the school, please contact our Chair of Governors, Louise Norman at email@example.com
Closing Date: 1pm, Tuesday 26th February 2019
Short Listing: Wednesday 27th February 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14th March 2019
For more information about this post please review the application pack and additional information.
To apply, please click on the Apply button below.
St Michael’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to the candidate being suitable to work with children and Satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Checks. We are committed to Equal Opportunities.