Merefield Special School is a maintained special school located in Ainsdale, Southport within the borough of Sefton. Our pupils are aged 3-19 years with severe, profound and complex needs including autism. There are 88 planned places within the school with a current 101 pupils on roll. Our curriculum is innovative, exciting and varied as we offer individualised learning to help all our pupils reach their potential.
In January 2018 Ofsted rated Merefield as continuing to be a good school which may be moving to Outstanding. They recommended that the next Inspection be a full Section 5 Inspection.
Due to the impending retirement of our current Headteacher the Governors are looking for an exceptional, motivated and inspirational individual to lead and manage this diverse school from September 2019.
The successful candidate will be an excellent leader and also be financially aware. They will:
- Have the drive, vision, ambition and energy to achieve excellence for all our pupils
- Manage the school effectively to ensure that the financial constraints which affect the ways in which schools work, do not adversely affect the outcomes for the pupils
- Have a passion to provide the best possible teaching and learning across the whole school curriculum
- Have excellent communication skills
- Lead by example with a willingness to go that extra mile
In return we offer:
- A strong team of enthusiastic, high performing and dedicated staff
- An active, committed and well established Governing Body
- Extensive opportunities for continuous professional development in line with the duties of the post
- A respectful culture that is at the heart of everything we do
If you have a strong record of raising and maintaining standards and having a commitment to school improvement, as well as the passion and determination to make a difference, then we want to hear from you.
Merefield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post requires an enhanced DBS check.
Informal visits to the school are warmly encouraged. To arrange a visit, or for an application pack, please email Gemma Parker, Clerk to the Governors at email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 28th January 2019 at 12.00 noon
Interviews: Monday 11th February 2019 & Tuesday 12th February 2019