Halfway Nursery Infant School
Station Road, Halfway, Sheffield, S20 3GU Telephone: 0114 248 2360
Headteacher L15 – L21 (£55,600 - £64,417) – Group 2
Start date: As soon as possible, to be in post by September 2018 at the latest ;
We are a two form entry infant school with approximately 200 children on roll, including a 39 place FTE Nursery. We are a ‘Good’ school which aims to achieve an outstanding rating in forthcoming years. We are located in the heart of a developing community, with recent growth in popularity indicated by our rising applications and admissions. We have a competent, skilled and dedicated team who work within a strong ethos of supporting all children to achieve their full potential and have a positive and happy experience at Halfway Nursery Infants.
We are looking to appoint;
· A dynamic and inspiring leader who has our children’s learning, emotional well-being and happiness at the forefront of every decision.
· An approachable leader with a strong commitment to working not only with the children and staff, but also our parents, Governors and wider community.
· A skilled individual able to lead, develop and manage an effective team with enthusiasm and continuous drive towards excellence.
· Have a level of ambition that matches that of the Governors, staff and children to take the school on an exciting and adventurous journey to achieve our full potential
· Lead a skilled teaching team to provide exciting and effective learning opportunities in delivering excellent teaching including continuous provision and enrichment activities.
· Develop the school's capability in leadership and teaching provision.
· Be an inclusive, transparent and collaborative leader, continuing to drive progress and achievement of all pupils
· Provide vision and transformational leadership to shape and influence the future direction for the school, including partnerships with our feeder school Halfway Juniors, and the Westfield Family of Schools.
· Provide professional and managerial leadership of the school
In return we can offer;
· A dedicated and skilled workforce
· Well behaved children who thrive on learning
· An opportunity for you to ‘make a difference’ by building on the excellent foundations and progress made in recent years.
· A warm and welcoming environment and culture
· Exciting opportunities for outdoor learning
· An effective and supportive governing body
· A commitment to your professional development
If you are a current or aspiring Headteacher looking to make a real difference to the children of south-east Sheffield, and help to make our school outstanding, we would like to hear from you.
The school is situated in the south east suburbs of the city on Sheffield on the South Yorkshire/North East Derbyshire border. The school is in close proximity to good rail and motorway networks (M1) and excellent transport links within and around the Sheffield area. Halfway 'Supertram' Park and Ride site is also located within walking distance of the school. We are also in close proximity to the Peak District - an attractive opportunity for the right individual residing within the area or further afield.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring check in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and the Police Act Regulations.
For more information about our school, please visit our website at https://www.halfwaynurseryinfantschool.org/
To discuss the role, please arrange to contact the Chair of Governors, Liz Booth via email@example.com. Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the school on Monday-Thursday mornings by arrangement with the school. Please contact the school office on 0114 248 2360 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details and an application pack please download the attachments.
Applications must be submitted by 19th January 2018 using the application form attached.
Please send completed application to: email@example.com stating Application for Headteacher at Halfway Nursery and Infant School in the email title.
Closing date: Friday 19th January 2018
Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 24th January 2018
The recruitment process will be held on Monday 5th and Tuesday 6th February