We are looking for an inspirational and ambitious Headteacher to lead this rapidly improving academy. You will play a key role in providing highly efficient, highly effective leadership and management of the academy.
E-ACT Pathways Academy is a larger than average primary school based in the North of Sheffield, easily accessible from the M1/A1 motorway network. We are fortunate enough to be sponsored by E-ACT, an organisation fully committed to partnering us and all our stakeholders and communities on our journey to becoming world class.
E-ACT Pathways Academy serves an increasingly diverse community. With an age range of 3-11, Pathways places children and their wellbeing at the heart of its work. We are on a journey of improvement - attendance is improving, the proportion of pupils making expected and greater than expected progress in reading, writing and maths is improving and we have seen significant improvement in our learning culture and the quality of behaviour. Our recent OFSTED Inspection rated us ‘Good’ in all areas.
We are looking for:
- an enthusiastic, inspiring leader who understands curriculum, teaching and learning and can lead school improvement
- a leader with a clear vision and astute educational philosophy who is continually learning
- a leader who can create a learning culture within the academy
- a leader with an ability to meet, model and lead high expectations and challenge
- a thinking leader who can improve provision and outcomes for groups of students, particularly the disadvantaged, White British heritage and the more able
We will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with other primary and secondary academies in the north region of E-ACT in addition to the support from other academies in this large, quickly improving MAT.
- the support of a highly capable educational and operational regional team
- extensive CPD opportunities
- the ability to concentrate on leading school improvement leaving the regional team to pick up time-consuming operational work
Further details are available from:
- Closing date for applications: 12pm on 07 January 2020
- Interviews to be held: January 2020
- Informal academy visits are advised, please contact PathwaysRecruitment@E-ACT.org.uk
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,300 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector-leading work-life balance arrangements.
What we value
Our values are our anchor point and underpin all we do.
For themselves and for the world around them by thinking beyond the four walls of their academy, and having the belief that anything they aspire to achieve is possible through hard work.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
In all that they do by carefully thinking through their decisions, even when it means doing something that’s hard or takes a lot of time.
SHOWING TEAM SPIRIT
By supporting one another, and knowing that by working together great things can be achieved.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.