Following the resignation and retirement of the current headteacher, the Governors wish to appoint an experienced existing Headteacher or Deputy Head with a good record of curriculum planning and implementation, who will ensure good pupil progress and attainment together with an enjoyable learning experience for pupils and staff.
We are looking for an outstanding Headteacher who will have:
- The vision and skills that challenge, inspire, and lead our pupils and staff to be “The best they can be”.
- The experience to consider and explore school improvement initiatives, as well as the opportunities that may arise to seek closer partnerships with neighbouring schools and other agencies to further develop a high quality learning environment in our school.
- The ability to formulate a clear strategic plan and lead its implementation by staff and parents of children attending the school.
- The ability to monitor and introduce initiatives to improve standards of achievement and delivery when necessary.
- High expectations of both Governors, staff and pupils in order to create an inspiring and successful learning experience for all pupils.
- A wish to foster and develop the career aspirations, personal fulfilment and job satisfaction of all staff.
- The ability to build strong relationships with families and members of the wider community who work with and support the school.
We aim to offer you:
- A welcoming school with happy, well behaved, enthusiastic and respectful children and parents.
- A stable, motivated and experienced team of staff who respond well to new ideas and change.
- A supportive, knowledgeable and active governing body.
- An opportunity to further your career at our school.
The Headteacher role is a non-teaching role.
We welcome visits to the school. Please contact the school office on 01743 791398 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
For full details and how to apply, visit https://shropshirejobs.engageats.co.uk
Vacancy reference: EH17 18 06
Closing date: 1st March
Shortlisting: 8th March
Interviews: 22nd March
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and it expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.