‘To succeed, to care, to inspire’
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Headteacher for our innovative and successful school to build on the improvements and achievements of recent years.
Our new Headteacher will:
- have a proven track record of effective leadership and school improvement;
- lead by example; promoting excellence and the enjoyment of teaching and learning;
- have high expectations of themselves, staff and students;
- show vision, flexibility, resilience, with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
We offer you:
- an efficient and effective school with excellent student/teacher relationships and an exceptional learning environment, judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2015;
- an enthusiastic, creative and capable staff and leadership team;
- experienced governors who will provide robust encouragement, support and challenge;
- friendly, confident and motivated students who are proud of their school and its learning culture.
The Community College Bishop’s Castle is an 11-16 school. It serves a sparsely populated part of South Shropshire and draws its students from a wide geographical area including many from Wales. The Community College stands at the heart of the community and is co-located with a Sports, Arts and Community Centre (the SpArC) that provides great benefit to ourselves and our partner primary schools and more widely to all residents in our catchment area.
The Community College is well supported by parents because they know that we treat our students as individuals and work hard to meet the particular needs and aspirations of all our young people. Our examination results have improved rapidly in recent years. In 2017 English and Maths results at Grade 4 were well above the national average, and particularly strong progress was demonstrated in Modern Languages and Science.
To arrange a personal visit to the school, please contact Mr Alan Doust, Headteacher, by telephone on 01588 638257, or email email@example.com
To apply for this position please visit https://shropshirejobs.engageats.co.uk (vacancy reference EH17 18 07).
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 19th March 2018 at 12 noon (CVs not accepted).
Interviews 17th & 18th April 2018.