The Governors of Martock CE VA Primary School, wish to appoint an inspirational Headteacher to lead, shape and influence our future while building on our strengths to ensure continued success.
We currently have 210 children on roll covering eight classes. Our School is rated “Good” by Ofsted and “Outstanding” by SIAMS. It is a place where a love of learning is promoted by motivated staff, within a safe and happy environment and in which every person is given the opportunity to flourish. Christian values and spirituality are at the heart of all aspects of school life. A family atmosphere is fostered, within which children feel confident to express their individuality and their talents. They know that their efforts and achievements will be appreciated and celebrated.
The Governors are looking for a new Headteacher to lead our school, who:
- is able to demonstrate effective leadership and management skills
- has the ability to inspire a strong, supportive and caring team dedicated to continue to provide the best for our children
- has high expectations of pupils’ achievement and behaviour
- has a breadth of experience across all primary ages
- is committed to promoting, developing and nurturing the Christian ethos of the school and its links with the church and diocese
In return, we can offer:
- a friendly, supportive and inclusive school with engaging children who have an appetite for learning
- a school community committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children
- the opportunity to further improve school performance alongside a team of conscientious and enthusiastic staff members who work together to provide the best education and support for our children
- a supportive, challenging and enthusiastic governing body
- a school that has strong links with the diocese, church and surrounding community and plays a valuable part in village life
- our commitment to your continued professional development.
Please return your completed application to SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.uk
Martock Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; this is a commitment which we expect all staff and volunteers to share. The successful candidate will be required to have a Disclosure and Barring check in line with the Government’s Safer Recruitment guidelines.
Location: Martock, South Somerset
Occupational Group: Teaching
Salary Band: L15-L21 (£57,986 - £67,183)
Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: 1st September 2020
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday 6th January 2020
Shortlisting Date: 15th January 2020
Interview Date: 29th and 30th January 2020
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please phone the school on 01935 823486 to make an appointment for either Wednesday 4th December or Tuesday 10th December