King Ina Academy, Somerton
Full Time. Number on Roll: 284 (plus 35 in the Pre-School)
Salary Scale: Leadership Spine 15-21
King Ina Academy is seeking to appoint an inspirational, caring and forward thinking Headteacher. The Academy is a Multi Academy Trust comprising King Ina Juniors and King Ina Infants and Pre-School. It is situated on a split site in the beautiful market town of Somerton. The Directors are working towards relocating to a single site as soon as is possible.
The Directors and Governing Body are looking to incorporate the Academy into a wider Multi Academy Trust in the near future.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide outstanding leadership of our valued team
- Consolidate and build upon the high academic standards of which the Academy is justly proud
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Continue to ensure the Academy is at the heart of the local community
- Support, value and develop the Christian ethos of our Academy
- Nurture the individuality of every child through the continued development of a broad, relevant and creative curriculum
- Lead on the further development of partnership[s] with other Primary Schools and MATs
- Have the vision to ensure the Academy’s future through working with others and sound financial planning
We can offer you:
- Enthusiastic, well behaved pupils who engage positively with their learning
- A hard-working and motivated staff team who are passionate about children’s learning and well-being
- The support and commitment of our local community, church, directors and governing Body
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of the children and families in the local community
- The opportunity to guide the Academy through its next stage in development as a Multi Academy Trust.
We encourage you to visit our school so that you can meet staff and children. To arrange a visit, please contact Jenny Bown at the Junior Academy Office on 01458 272587 or by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details can be obtained from the Academy website: www.kingina.somerset.sch.uk/website
For further information and an application form, please telephone our recruitment line on 01823 348270 or email SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.uk. Please state which post and school. If you have not been contacted by the interview dates, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion
Please return completed applications to SSERecruitment@somerset.gov.uk
The school is committed to equal opportunities and safer recruitment practice. Pre-employment checks including a criminal background check via the disclosure procedure will be undertaken before any post is confirmed.
Closing date: Thursday 6th July 2017, 5:00pm
Interview Dates: 12th and 13th September 2017