Red Gates is a maintained Primary Special School for pupils with severe learning difficulties. The school has 138 pupils on roll and all pupils have Education, Health and Care Plans. 79% of children have a diagnosis of autism.
The School’s Governing Body is seeking to appoint a headteacher who:
- has experience of successful leadership and management at a senior level in a special school;
- has experience of working effectively with families, governors, local authorities and other partners;
- is an effective communicator who is able to inspire, develop and drive forward a shared strategic vision for the school;
- has detailed knowledge of current legislation and guidance for SEND, safeguarding and child protection;
- can continue to develop an innovative curriculum that addresses performance, drives change and improves outcomes;
- elicits the commitment of staff, pupils and the community
We are proud to offer:
- a welcoming and caring school community supported by a strong and effective Governing Body, parents and staff;
- a dedicated and committed staff team;
- the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of all our brilliant and amazing children who enjoy their School;
- a unique opportunity to develop and lead a flagship institution and make a lasting contribution to SEND services across the borough of Croydon;
- a firm commitment to your ongoing professional development and wellbeing;
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged: please ring the school on 020 8651 6540 and ask to speak to either Dr Vivian Hinchcliffe or Mrs Helen Norris to arrange an appointment.
To discover more about this exciting opportunity and for a candidate pack and application form, please download the pack or contact Cynthia Henry by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 020 8241 5485 or 020 8241 5483.
Please note CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: Noon on Wednesday 28th February 2018.
Shortlisting: 7th March 2018
Interviews: Thursday 15th and Friday 16th March 2018
Red Gates School is committed to safeguarding and children’s welfare. The appointment will be subject to various checks including receipt of a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. We are committed to equality and diversity.