An exceptional opportunity to lead our successful and ‘Outstanding’ school.
Due to relocation of our current Headteacher, the Governing Board is looking to appoint an ‘Outstanding’ practitioner to lead our school.
Churchfields Infants’ School, Nursery Unit and Language Facility is an ‘Outstanding,’ oversubscribed four-form entry school located in South Woodford, within easy reach of central London and Epping Forest.
We are an ambitious, successful and inclusive infant community school. Attached, but very much part of the Nursery Unit, is the Language Facility, supporting children with significant language delay. We also have an Outreach team that works across the local authority supporting children with similar needs.
Churchfields has a strong reputation for providing a high standard of education whilst encouraging our children to be confident, happy and healthy.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, inspirational and creative Headteacher, who will maintain high standards and strive for continual improvement.
The candidate would ideally:
- have a real passion for early years and KS1 education and understand the curriculum for young children
- have the ability to inspire, motivate and support children, staff, governors and parents.
- demonstrate exceptional leadership and management skills and communicate a clear vision of success.
- be passionate about education in its widest sense.
- Have a vision of education that is creative, stimulating and values all subject areas
At Churchfields, we offer:
- Happy children who enjoy coming to school and learning.
- Dedicated, professional, committed staff.
- Supportive governors and parents.
- A creative, innovative curriculum.
- The opportunity to lead an ‘Outstanding’ ICAN accredited service
supporting children both in school and across the local authority
If you would like to visit Churchfields, please contact:
Marilyn Basra, School Business Manager
Tel: 020 8505 0386
Visits are available by mutually convenient appointment the week beginning
19th and 26th March 2018.
Closing Date: Noon, Friday 6th April 2018
Shortlisting: w/c 16th April 2018
Candidate Assessments: Thursday 3rd May 2018
Formal Interviews: Friday 4th May 18
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, satisfactory references and verification of identity and qualifications. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To request an application pack please contact:
Karen Mount, Clerk of School Governors
Mobile: 07732 635687
All completed application forms to be returned to KJM Governor Services