Bitterne Park Secondary School provides an excellent education for 11-19 year olds, set within the Bitterne Park community. The school’s values of Respect, Achievement, Community, Enjoyment and Relationships permeate all that we aspire to be. This vibrant and positive approach is tangible in our new, state-of-the-art school. BPS is an LA school and is a member of the new Reach Co-operative Trust.
The governing body now seeks to appoint a suitably experienced and qualified Headteacher to start in September 2020. This is an outstanding opportunity for an energetic, empathetic and courageous leader to take the helm and lead successfully and innovatively into the new decade.
The candidate must be an experienced senior leader with a proven track record of promoting, developing and delivering excellence in education, and should have a previous headship background.
We are specifically seeking to appoint a visionary and inspirational leader who is driven to continue to deliver the highest quality of educational provision and who is truly committed to the development of the whole child. We are a fully inclusive school that is dedicated to both supporting and challenging all members of our diverse community and to nurturing these relationships that are important within the Bitterne Park community.
The Headteacher of Bitterne Park will embody the values of our school and lead the SLT to deliver the school vision. The full job description is included in the information pack.
In return the successful candidate can expect:
- A great working environment for staff where everyone is valued, included and treated with respect.
- An opportunity to extend their own leadership potential.
- A supportive, approachable, dynamic and forward thinking leadership team.
- A supportive governing body who are enthusiastic and who always put the interests of the students and staff first, and are committed to the continual improvement of the school.
- A school with fantastic new facilities and a wide and varied curriculum for 11-19 year olds.
- A competitive salary, range L38 – L43 / £101,885 - £114,060 per annum.
If you would like an official pack and application form please contact email@example.com
Please note due to half term, packs will be sent out from Monday 4th November.
Closing date for all applications is Monday 18th November, 09.00.
For an informal chat with the current Headteacher and or a tour of the school, please book with the Headteacher PA firstname.lastname@example.org. These bookings will take place during the week beginning 11th November only.
Interviews for this post will be taking place on 10 / 11th December 2019.