Saint Cecilia’s is a thriving, heavily oversubscribed 11-18 Church of England academy (NOR 930 including 190 in Sixth Form) with an overtly Christian ethos, serving the local community of Southfields in Wandsworth. The school is at an exciting stage as it looks to appoint a substantive Headteacher following the previous post holder’s appointment as an HMI Inspector.
Saint Cecilia’s was judged ‘Good’ in its recent Ofsted inspection (Jan 2018). A flourishing partnership with the nearby St Michael’s CE Primary School, a key feeder school, has recently been formalised. The school is also looking to increase its PAN from 150 to 200, with a £4m expansion of the site planned. In addition, Multi-academy trust status continues to be something that Governors are keen to explore.
Governors are looking for:
- a leader with a strong Christian faith who will uphold and sustain the spiritual and caring ethos of our school
- passion and commitment to the education of the ‘whole person’.
- a Head whose motivations at heart are derived from helping students and staff achieve their full potential
- can take our school forward from ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’
- will communicate effectively with parents, governors, the Diocese and the wider local community
If you believe you can provide the outstanding leadership that inspires and motivates others towards excellence and ensures the very best education for all our young people, then we would like to hear from you.
We encourage prospective candidates to visit us and see us at work.
For further details and to arrange a visit or to have an informal discussion about the role please contact Liam Dowds, our Emmaus Leadership Advising Consultant who is assisting us with this assignment, in complete confidence, on 01737 652 043 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Monday 19th November at Noon
Shortlisting: Wednesday 21st November
Interviews: Wednesday 28th (Eve) & Thursday 29th November (all day)
Our school is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. CRB check required
WE BELIEVE IN CHURCH SCHOOLS